Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EWA has old systems information

shradhasampat
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

We just completed OS migration and upgrade for our ECC and CRM systems, and now are in process of scheduling periodic EWA in solution manager for these systems.

After OS migration and upgrade, our ECC and CRM systems have different hostnames but same SID

And since the SID was already being used in solution manager by old ECC and CRM systems (i.e systems prior to OS migration and upgrade systems), I had to maintain all new ECC and CRM systems with the help of extended SID in solution manager

I have already maintained the NEW systems in solman_setup and solman_workcenter for EWA and the manual processing of EWA for each system works fine

But the periodic EWA gets generated under correct extended SID but information about old systems

The NEW systems are assigned to different logical components in solution manager but same solutions as old systems.

Can someone help to find where is the problem area for periodic EWA still giving information on old systems ?

Thanks

Shradha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

tanmeya_mohan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Shradha,

Please check / update following points -

1. Ensure that you have updated ST-PI & ST-A/PI in both Solution Manager & Managed Systems

2. Ensure that below 3 jobs are periodically running in your Managed system in SDCCN with its default frequency as per sequence -

a. Refresh Service Definition

b. Maintenance Package

c. Refresh Session

This would most probably fix your issue.

If not, it would be better to open an OSS message, as it might be a bug that requires some fix.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shradha,

Have you come across this blog:

http://scn.sap.com/blogs/TECHOPSSOLUTIONS/2015/02/08/how-to-resolve-duplicate-system-entries-in-the-...

It discusses how to correct duplicate entries in the LMDB/SLD. Not sure if it applies to you but I am looking at doing this once we complete migrating our systems to new hardware.

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What was the need to setup new SIDs in SolMan after upgrading the systems?

shradhasampat
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Billy

We haven't set up NEW SID but have used same SID with extended SID for the NEW systems because is also same SID being used by OLD system in solution manager

I have already followed decommissioning  steps to remove data related to OLD system in solution manager 7.1 SP7 but the SID for old systems cannot be deleted as its being used in projects and logical components.

For eg:

DEV - old CRM development system

DEV- new CRM development system with extended SID as DEV0111

Thanks for looking into above questions!!

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I understand you didn't change the ECC/CRM SID on the upgraded systems, but you did go with a different SID in SolMan via the extended SID. 

I'm curious to know why you did this and why you plan on deleting the original systems once the projects are closed and logical components are no longer needed?

Last summer we did major upgrades on ECC (Ehp5 on NW 7.02 to Ehp7 NW 7.4), and let the ECC system update its information on the same SID and just ensured the components checked out; so far there has not caused any issues in doing so.

shradhasampat
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Billy

As both systems were needed at certain point in time,we had to keep  both systems old and upgraded/OS migrated ones

Kindly please request your help for my current scenario

Thanks

Shradha

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ahh I some how missed the 'OS migrated' part of your OP.  Apologies on that one!

I assume you have the old systems unchecked from this section of SolMan?

shradhasampat
Participant
0 Kudos

No problem !!

Yes,I have already unchecked the Active column from above screenshot for all old systems

Thanks

Shradha

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you verified sdccn on one of the old systems to verify if the schedule task was removed, it might be that they are sending in the info as part of a schedule and SolMan is just collecting off of those remote jobs.