Some questions on V10 new features
1. There is no standard functionality to set an expiry date for delegation. Does anyone know how we can achieve this via scripting? I can't find any API related to delegating approval to someone else.
2. The Business Document Class available in this table is determined by Security Profile. Is there a way to only display only one class even user has access to all classes as in our case, only one class has approval workflow?
3. The system allows self approval. e.g.1. A is delegating to B, we need to check all projects pending for A’s approval don’t have B as owner. Suppose we have many levels of delegation, A->B, B->C, C->D, at the point C delegating to D, we need to check all projects pending approval from A, B and C don’t have D as owner. That does not seem very feasible?
- 2. Suppose A delegates to B, after this, a project with owner as B requiring A’s approval is created and then the approval would go to B who is also the owner. This is very difficult to handle via script as delegation happens before project creation.
Auction – bid by % instead of amount
- Currently, can we set some fields so that the Bid Unit Price is in % not in a certain currency? We have some scenarios where suppliers need to bid in percentage rather than price. For example, Vouchers have certain face value. We will ask suppliers to bid in percentage of the face value to see who can offer the most discounts on the vouchers.
- Can you advise us how this can be done?
Dynamic appearance of fields:
- Within v10, it is possible that based on the answers provided to a previous question, further specific questions would be displayed on the page. Similar behaviour as Perpetual Term and Expiration Date in Contract module: once Perpetual Term is checked, Expiration Date disappears and vice versa. Can we build similar behaviour on our extension fields?
Currently, if we want to customise a text box for users to key in their comments, we only have the choice of (1) a small box of 256 characters or (2) a big text box as shown below:
Option 1 is available as part of an extension collection where as option 2 is not available as part of extension collection.
We would like to find out whether there is something in between in v10 Such as, something like what we have in RFx as Free Text answer box for suppliers to respond to which is 2000 characters?
Especially do we have option to build a free text box that accepts more than 256 characters as one column in extension collection table?
Really appreciate if anyone can shed some light on any of the questions
Please find bellow some answers:
1. No standard function. As Raj explained you could add a custom date field to the User Account BO, and have an explicitly called script execute daily to check and disable delegations
2. Yes, it is possible to hide individual delegation rules. To achieve this, you will need to write a script on class Delegation(10001106) - Document Lifecycle - LOADED, and trigger an ApplicationException if DELEGATE_CLASS_ID is other than ContractDocument.
* with this in place, only CD will be displayed and no actual error message will be visible to the user (only in the logs)
3. Depending on size of organization, the use case can be either frequent or very rare. We haven't considered it for example, and checking for such a use-case will be cumbersome.
4. Auction % - I don't know
5. Dynamic fields. Not possible as for 10.05; it might be available from 10.06 but I'm not sure, I don't have access to a 10.06 instance yet.
6. No enhancements added to Ext Def; your detailed examples are the only possible configs.