cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mac OS X Yosemite & Safari Web Support

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I'm trying to figure out whether Mac is fully compatible with the SAP BO Launchpad. Right now I'm trying out to build a report on a universe with Web Intelligence. It works perfectly fine with Firefox & Google Chrome but with Safari I get an Java error message.

com.sap.webi.client.toolkit.preferences.InternalStoreSystemException: File /Users/XXXXXX/.businessobjects/preferences/applet/xx.xxxxxx.xxx_443/mrulist/useddatasources.persistent no found

at com.sap.webi.client.toolkit.preferences.FSHelper.serializeObject(FSHelper.java:99)

at com.sap.webi.client.toolkit.preferences.FSPreferences.write(FSPreferences.java:60)

at com.sap.webi.client.toolkit.mru.MRUList.save2disk(MRUList.java:168)

at com.sap.webi.client.toolkit.mru.MRUList.add(MRUList.java:107)

at com.sap.webi.ui.context.managers.DataManager.addToRecent(DataManager.java:2973)

at com.sap.webi.ui.context.managers.DataManager.addDataProviderFromDataSourceInfo(DataManager.java:506)

at com.sap.webi.ui.tasks.workflows.AddDataProviderUITask.doIt(AddDataProviderUITask.java:106)

at com.sap.webi.ui.tasks.workflows.AddDataProviderUITask.doIt(AddDataProviderUITask.java:19)

at com.sap.webi.toolkit.ui.tasks.WebITask$PrivateWorker.doInBackground(WebITask.java:348)

at javax.swing.SwingWorker$1.call(SwingWorker.java:295)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)

at javax.swing.SwingWorker.run(SwingWorker.java:334)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: /Users/XXXXXX/.businessobjects/preferences/applet/xx.xxxxxx.xxx_443/mrulist/useddatasources.persistent (Operation not permitted)

at java.io.FileOutputStream.open0(Native Method)

at java.io.FileOutputStream.open(FileOutputStream.java:270)

at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:213)

at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:101)

at com.sap.webi.client.toolkit.preferences.FSHelper.serializeObject(FSHelper.java:94)

... 14 more

I located the file in my file system and the permissions should be correct, too. So I really don't know what the issue is here.

-rw-r--r--@ 1 XXXX  staff  2365 May 19 17:49 /Users/XXXX/.businessobjects/preferences/applet/xx.xxxxx.xxx_443/mrulist/useddatasources.persistent

I used xxx to hide the username & portal url just to let you know.

Is there a fix you have to install on the server or are there any settings Safari? It would be great when it would work with Safari as well.

I use Mac OS X: 10.10.4

Safari: Version 8.0.7 (10600.7.5)

Java: Version 8 Update 45

Appreciate your help here!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

can you go thorugh the following doc , and please tell me  wat bo sp you are using?

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/507d3365-009b-3010-04b0-e5abc8f00...

cheers

Ganesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have BO 4.1 SP02

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

The current version is not support as per sap note

"Web Intelligence Rich Internet Application (Java Applet) is not supported on OS X until BI 4.0 SP07. Refer to SAP Note 1906633. "

Regards

Ganesh