cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC driver for SQL Anywhere

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there, two hopefully easy questions about SQL anywhere that I'm hoping someone might be able to answer (or point me to some documentation).

I'm going to be rewriting some legacy applications that talk to some different SQL Anywhere databases. Most of them are running on v12 or v16 engines, but there are a very few still on the older legacy v11. Upgrading the engine/db is planned but in the short term, I need to make sure the apps can communicate with all 3 versions. To accomplish this, I was going to use the JDBC driver jars that came with the SQL Anywhere installation. My question is, can the JDBC driver that came with 16 talk to 12 and 11, or do I need to find the drivers that came with those engines to talk to the legacy versions?

Additionally, are there any licensing issues with bundling the driver with applications we distribute?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member207653
Active Participant
0 Kudos

SQL Anywhere JDBC 4.0 driver should be fine. It was used to connect to version 11.0.1 as well.

I do not know about licensing ....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Typically licensing is done at the server level.  I'm not sure if SAP does 'network seat' licensing or not.