cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing .PRI file (Printer Type)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all!

I am installing all of our printers in SAP. We choose the SAP Printing Protocol. So i need all printers with their respective .PRI file Type asociated in SPAD.

I had problem with one printer: HP LaserJet P3005. In the list of printers for HP in the Wizaard, there is no LaserJet P3005. I found all the printer drivers from HP here: Drivers for SAP printing and downloaded the printer type ZHPP3005 PRI File.

However, i already installed the PRI file and still there is no HP 30005 or ZHPP3005 in th list for HP Devices. Am i missing somthing?

Regards,

A.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all!

Thanks for your answers. I was proceeding in a wrong way. After importing PRI File, the device was not shown in the table the wizard shows (the table that need to be updated with file TSPOPI-YYYMMDD.XML in a regular basis). But the device type is at the bottom of the general list of Device Type in transaction SPAD (since it is name ZHPXXXX).

Regards,

A.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all!

Thanks for your answers. I was proceeding in a wrong way. After importing PRI File, the device was not shown in the table the wizard shows (the table that need to be updated with file TSPOPI-YYYMMDD.XML in a regular basis). But the device type is at the bottom of the general list of Device Type in transaction SPAD (since it is name ZHPXXXX).

Regards,

A.

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Could you check with SCN thread unable to upload new device type ZHP5100 in ECC | SCN

Hope this will help you.

Regards,

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello A

You use the SAP Standard device type "SWIN" to print in HP Laserjet P3005 printer.

Could you share you Basis SP level?

BR

SS