cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Agentry Functional Location Screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have installed SAP Work Manager 6.2,  and I have enhanced the the Functional Location Screens on my project and and have also extended all the Java code that was needed and I can successfully retrieve and update my custom fields to and from SAP.  The enhancement I did was to include 3 extra fields on the screens, now my problem that I'm facing is when I open the Functional Location View screen from the Functional Location tab to edit it, my 3 fields is empty but the data is in my complex table see images below.

but when I assign the same Functional location to a work order and view it from the work order tab my fields displays the data.

it is the same screen that is being used in both places but on the Functional Location tab view the fields are empty, can any one please advise as to what I am doing incorrectly.

Kind Regards,

CJ Bester

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

In the first case the data is queried from CT based on your search criteria and populated to an Object Collection before it is displayed on the screen. You have to extend the transaction that populates the object collection from CT to populate the 3 custom fields.

In the second case you are viewing the data within a sub-collection of Work Order or Notification. The custom fields will be displayed in this case because the Z-fields in object collection are populated via Java directly.

On a side note my recommendation is to disable fetch of object collection if you are already fetching FLoc CTs with all sub-objects. You could run into performance issues because of data volumes.

Hope this helps.

thanks

Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

I went to the Functional Location object and I looked at which transactions it is linked to and found 2 that fetches data from the CT, I added my custom fields in there see below, but it is still not displaying my data.

Regards,

CJ

jason_latko
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

CJ,

Check your new screen fields to make sure there are no update rules applied.  Use the built in Agentry Test Environment to browse the contents of your object collections so you can inspect your data/CTs to see if they are getting populated as you expect.  Go to Window -> Show View - > Other -> Agentry Views to find this feature.  Not sure what the Test Environment will do with phone screens honestly.  You may need to make your changes to tablet/windows screens also as a test.

Jason Latko - Senior Product Developer at SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all,

It turned out that there was 1 transaction I missed, after I extended it my data was displaying in my fields.

Regards,

CJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts, I am facing same issue of CJ in this thread and my custom fields are only shown labels but not field values. However, there are values present in CT-Location for all custom fields. Can you please suggest , what is wrong here. Thanks, Jilan

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Please create a Discussion marked as a Question.  Not only so others may benefit from your solution once it is found, but also because you will have more folks looking to provide a solution when your issue has the greater visibility of a Discussion.  Also suggest that you visit the Getting Started link at the top right of each SCN page for help with creating a good Discussion.

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jilan,

Make sure that you have extended you custom fields in these transactions.

This is what I did and it worked for me.

Regards,

CJ Bester

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks CJ. It worked. With Best Regards, Jilan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bill, Sure, i will follow this, hereafter. Thanks, Jilan

former_member208808
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you try to edit this location and if you want your data to be pre-populated before editing this by Edit transaction, you should apply a Rule-Before data entry to these fields.

This rule would look like following

Regards,

AK