Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linking 2 Webi documents - Jump to report

ssurampally
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created 2 Webi documents, GL balances summary by company codes and  GL balances detailed by company and account. Users first execute the summary report and analyze the balance if they would like to see the details of that balance by GL account, they need to jump into the details query.

I tried to achieve this requirement, by setting the document link feature for the balance cell,  but I am not having knowledge on how  to exactly set up this, Actually I exactly need to pass the summary report variable selection values + Current line's company code value in Summar report to the Detailed report when user selected that particular row.

I have followed couple of articles on BI experts and  SCN, they were not so clear, Could you please let me know how to achieve the underlined requirement in BO Webi 4.0.

THanks

Sreekanth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ssurampally
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi there, thanks for inputs,

I am having 2 Webi documents on SAP Bex query,  I am not generating any hyperlink or modifying.. using an option called, document link --> from the linking context menu,

then it asked me to choose the target document,  I have selected the document 2 and then I need to pass the values for prompts and then hyperlink URL is created automatically.  I am kind of stuck at passing one of the parameter value, for example,  the parameter is company code,  I wanted to pass document 1's company code value of the cell which I selected,

I am wondering what to be selected as object?   dimension value or dimension key ...

ssurampally
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Resolved,  I created a variable to store the company code value and passed that to parameter in document 2,

no URLs maintained, no hyperlinks maintained.  It is just "Document link"  option of linking, passing the document 1 objects to parameters of document 2, pretty simple.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member182342
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sreekanth,

Please check the below link . It will resolve your issue.

Regards,

Anish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi mate,

I have done it. I'll try to show you the idea.

The text of the link should be like that

="<a href='http://sys/BOE/OpenDocument/opendoc/openDocument.jsp?iDocID=xxxxxx&lssec=SAPR3&sType=wid&sRefresh=Y&..."+[Field desc name]+"&lsSField2............"</a>"

Any way, Amer proposed you this link and could help you too.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f0daee1d-0e38-2d10-0c91-8bb4ab5aa...

former_member183904
Participant
0 Kudos

Step-by-step Guide to LinkingWebi Documents using OpenDocument in SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 3.1

search this on google