cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resourse allocation to project WBS

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP Gurus,

I am working on a project to replace Primavera with CA PPM for PLC.  Resources will be assigned in CA PPM and sent to SAP via integration interface.  In order for the resources to enter time for a WBS or multiple WBS for different projects, where in SAP should resources be stored?

Resources will need to charge time to projects using CATS.

Thanks

Shirley

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

kenmelching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There are 2 standard ways in ECC to have employees (defined in HR mini-master) assigned to a WBS so it shows up in their CATS worklist.  Resource Planning (CMP2) and Lean Staffing (part of Professional Services).

You can look into these areas as a receiver for your interface.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Excellent Paulo.  Your response is what I was hoping for.  I am on the right track.

Shirley

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shirley,

I assume that the master system for both Resources (employees) and WBS in your scenario will be CA PPM.

In SAP ECC you will need employees created in HR tables.  The relationship between employees and WBS can be loaded into CATS worklist table to ensure the business users are mapped only to specific WBS elements.

Regards,

Paulo

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Cats related entry to be store in CATSDB which is master table and other interfaces table are as CATSPS for PS and CATSPM for Plant maintenance, CATSCO for controlling, CATSHR for HR.

so check if useful for your then use:)

Regards,
Sanjeev

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shirley,

In SAP, we have lot of tables likes CATSDB, CATSPS which stores the data entered in CATS.

If you mean resources are person, then you can check with HR, they will be able to guide you.

Regards

Terence