Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Split valuation price control

nru_house
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

If the split valuation is active, will it allow to control the price for V by doing MR21. I am really confused on this split valuation. My understanding is split valuation will do price calculation properly for Variable material so that each shipment happens due to the inventory inflation or deflation pricing will be automatically update in MR03 for that material. is it right?

Please guide me.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

nru_house
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Based on my finding on SAP notes.. I tried but didn't work for me.

Changing Material Prices

Prerequisites

If the material ledger is active, the material prices of materials whose price determination indicator is set to 3can only be changed at the beginning of the period before all price-relevant transactions.

If the material ledger is not active, you can change the material prices at any time.

Procedure

• Choose Logistics ® Materials Management ® Valuation ® Material Price Change ® Change Material Prices or
    Choose Accounting ® Controlling ® Product Cost Controlling ® Actual Costing/Material Ledger ® Material Ledger ® Set Prices ® Change Material Prices

• Enter data as required.

• An overview screen appears.

• Fill in the fields in the overview screen.

• Choose Save.
nru_house
Active Participant
0 Kudos

For the material price indicator is 3 and price control shows V. When i try running MR21, the valuation type is mandatory and after selecting valuation type it will only shows option to change S price.

Any ideas guys.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nr Tk,

Please check which type of Split Valuation is activated for that material. There are:-

• Valuation Cat B: in house / Ext procurement
  • Val Cat C: Status.
  • Val Cat H: Origin
  • Val Cat R: Retail
  • Val Cat X: Automat. (Batch)

delivered by SAP in standard.

Once you activate the material with split valuation. The accounting view will have header segment and item view. The view without valuation type is the header view and those accounting view with valuation type is the item view.

Header view must set to price control V. Item view can be S or V. For your case u can only select S in MR21 because the item view is created at Price control S during the creation. You can check it in MM03.

If you want to know further about split valuation. you can refer to this link

http://www.erpgreat.com/mm025.htm

regards,

Jack

nru_house
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I found my way out by doing negative entry amount of the price difference of that material thru MR22.

then running actual costing to see the impact of that pricing change.

Thank you all for your input & valuable time.