cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enable UI Logging for all Transactions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi @ll,

we are using UI Logging for SAP Windows GUI.

Our intention is to monitor the full interaction trace of predefined user subsets in the system. In other words, logging every transaction's input/output for the given users. Thus the my question: Is there a way to tell UI Logging to log all available transactions instead of enabling them one by one?

Thanks in advance!

Best,

Patrick

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

indeed the configuration currently only allows entries of single transactions (i.e. no "*" entries), which we did on purpose. If you would log all transactions then there are potentially issues with system relevant transactions. There is a customer though that generated a transaction list every night and updated the UI logging transaction customizing with it. As far as I know that worked without issues. However I would still sort out transactions from the basis component ... and test it thoroughly.

Best regards,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Martin,

thanks for your answer. What kind of issues are you talking about? I think with basis transaction you mean everything provided within SAP_BASIS? Actually this are exactly what we want to log.

At the end of the day we want to have a full trace of the system administrator's way through the system. Is there are a way to reenable the wildcard or was it never implemented before?

Best,

Patrick

0 Kudos

Hello Patrick,
... in the worst case the system would stop. This may be a more theoretical option, but for a product delivery is is too risky and we never even had the wildcard option. If you want to code a full logging yourself (or fill the customizing table with all SAP_BASIS transactions) then you should test it thoroughly on a system which you can restore.

Best regards,
Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Martin,

thanks for your answer. I have filled the table with all transactions, seems to work without any failures

Best,

Patrick 

Answers (0)