cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dp questions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

I would appreciate if somebody could answer these questions.

1.Can you use the same cube for loading CVCs and loading Planning area?

2. Can you plan on Navigational attributes? ( I believe the answer is no. They re just for navigation)

3. In a real world scenario, how do you decide how many planning areas and POS you need?

4. What kind of independent variables did you deal with in MLR? Examples?

5. At what level are promotions planned? Can we plan them at any aggregate level we want?

6.How do you compare master data between ECC and APO?

7. How does CCR work? Any examples of messages?

8.What are the types of categories that can be selected in release?

9. If you are planning at product level and releasing your data at Location-product level. How does this match?

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

too many questions in one shot

so here are a few of my answers on the easy ones

1, Yes.It is very ideal too. If your CVCs and data is based on the same cube there is less chance of mismatch while loading. the CVC generation just uses the characteristic values from the cube. The planning area loads the data for these characteristic values

2. I believe, SNP does not support Nav attrib... but you can plan to a limited extent using Navigational Attributes in DP. In the interactive planning they are the same in DP as a CVC

creating forecast profiles might be a problem- selections with navigational attributes do not create forecast assignment table entries. (as of SCM4.1, the attribute information can be stripped out of the selection via BADI, allowing an assignment entry to be created). Maintenance of CVCs also have to be done differently from what the standard procedure is. realignment is also different

3. Depends on your scenario. One would ideally try to minimise the planning areas to make it easy to maintain and try to maintain consistency in data. The POS -planning area is usually one to one but you can use one POS for multiple planning areas (depends on why you have those planning areas and how you create cvcs in the POS)

8. Release from DP to SNP is usually forecast to category FA, FB and FC. You will get this message if you try to release to another Category -

Target category should be from category type 3

SAP strongly recommends that you only release data from Demand Planning to categories with type 'forecast'. In the standard system categories 'FA', 'FB', 'FC' have this type. You can also create your own categories with this type.

It is possible to use other categories, but this can cause severe problems at later processing stages.

9. you need to have some characteristic that matches the location in SNP. The release. So if you dont plan with location-like characteristics in DP but want the plan in SNP, use a characteristic that represents location with only one value and make sure it is there in every CVCs. Use this char. for the release