Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Field labels in login screen

I am experiencing strange field labels in the CDT 7.0.8 login screen:

Any suggestions why this is happening?

Hi Thies,

I believe the startpage.htm is apparently a template, which should be server-parsed by IIS.

I have checked the web page source on client side and all tokens are replaced. I do not think the template contains "default" terms actually - the // just denotes comments.

As I am not expert in IIS, this is what I would do in your place:

1) Double check all prerequisities for your version, especially server roles, features, and .NET libraries. Look into install guide.

2) Check installed files (Differences) (in IA, right click on HAC level).

3) Do you have more application servers? If yes, switch the VU to another instance. If the problem persist, it is a VU content problem. If not, then it is probably IIS setting or instance server environment (see point 1 or 2).

4) If you have only one application server or point 3 indicates VU content problem, then allocate additional vritual IP address and setup new VU Website. Unlike your current one, which contains breadcrumbs of your upgrade path, the new VU Website will be fresh installed from your latest installation package. If it works with second VU, then you are there - you can further investigate by comparing both VUs or simply abandon the first one and be happy with the second one.

5) Create OSS message and supply then SAP with website and CDT logs on trace or debug level.

And of course - backup before playing around .

Just one experience - last year I had problem with VU Integration at one customer - it went up, winked at me with green status for a fraction of second and then it went down - yellow and red crossed. SAP support was not able to find root cause - they adviced to reinstall the VU. This did not help. So I tried to create VU with a different name and everything works fine since then.

1 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question