cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TREX Search and Classification 7.25 installation and upgrade

former_member188065
Participant
0 Kudos

Note  1391758 seems to point out the possibility to make use of the latter version instead of 7.10

In detail:

Version TREX ABAP Client        Minimum Version of TREX Server

(= Version SAP_BASIS)

7.30                            7.10 or 7.25

Instguides mentions only 7/7.10

SAP NetWeaver Search and Classification (TREX)

Installation & Implementation Documentation Center

while Revision notes for TREX 7.25 are released on a regular Basis (eg. http://search.sap.com/notes?id=1816417 or

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2104768 )

Checked Product Availability Matrix (PAM) for TREX compatibility with EHP7 but couldn't find TREX 7.25

Even the community generated page here Search and Classification (TREX) remains quiet about that particular release.

Any hints?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member217429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

the TREX 7.25 can be used with ByD only. Any other applications (except of BW or ESH 7.30 ) need
TREX 7.10 . You need to download the latest revision for TREX 710 (REV 63 currently) , install this,  connect to your application (RFC,ICM,HTTP dependent on application) and change the default
settings if this required by the application.

Best regards,
Mikhail

former_member188065
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mikhail,

this was an assumption. Thank you for clarification. Could you point to any official statement from SAP just for the record?

Regards!

former_member217429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

the mentioned by you note just describes all available versions of the TREX (at the time when the note was released . 610 isn't supported anymore). Each provided by SAP application (ESH, CRM, Enterprise Portal ....) has some subcomponents (Kernel, ContentServer , Java , TREX ...) as pre-requirements . Dependent on the application you can/should use some specific version of the TREX.
You can find detailed information in the PAM for the corresponded application .

Best regards,
Mikhail

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I currently have Trex 7.1 setup with a Ehp7 system with no issues.  I do believe I'm on PL 51, I do recall having to be on a newer PL for Ehp7 grabbing the latest is the safe bet if you don't already have Trex up and running.

former_member188065
Participant
0 Kudos

Actually 2144945 - TREX 7.10 REV 64: Indexing performance improvement is available already, so I would choose this.

Anyway notes on TREX 7.25 are dated back to 2010

Might be a special use case that is poorly documented in regular SAP notes regarding TREX versions, eg. BWA BIA installations.

It should become mentionend in the general overview note and PAM if TREX 7.25 has a designated use only.

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Basis Team

Are you able to view the Trex release 7.25 with SP in Service market place?

If it is yes, You can apply the latest SP -1 and check the Trex instance address the issues.

BR

SS