cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAYSBETWEEN Input Parameters

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

I have created 2 input parameters as type date for the start and end dates. I want to create a calculated column to calculate the days between the dates selected. I have done it on 2 separate ways but get different errors on both.

1st method: daysbetween('$$p_StartDate$$', '$$p_EndDate$$') goves error that my parameters are of type string, which it is not.

2nd method: daysbetween(daydate('$$p_StartDate$$'), daydate('$$p_EndDate$$')) - gives a Column Store error 6931 attribute is not a date or syntax error.

Could you please advice what I am doing wrong, we are on HANA rev 91.

Thanks.

Koos.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Koos,

Try using the below syntax.

daysbetween(date($$start_date$$),date($$end_date$$))/365

Regards,

Venkat N.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat.

No, it still gives me the error that it is not a date or a syntax error.

Regards.

Koos.

Former Member
0 Kudos

More info would be nice...here's how. Also I could have give more instead of guiding line for misunderstanding Sorry. Lets do it with screenshots...Venkateswarlu Nandimandalam example...

I have example Analytic view with 2 Imput parameters

Hana rev 95

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dubravko.

I am doing exactly the same with different outcome.

My Parameters:

and calculation check

and then I saw that when I double click on the parameter to add it to formula it puts a single quotation mark in front and back. So as soon as I remove it the formula is working.

I do not understand why but thanks it is working.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try    $$p_EndDate$$ - $$p_StartDate$$       

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dubravko.

No, it says that the parameter is a string and you cannot use the minus sign. I also tried to convert it to a date but then it give the second error again that it is not a date or a syntax error.