cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Copy User incl. Passwords as hash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

we have to copy all existing users from one UME system to another including the passwords.

I have tried to use the java UME interface, which allows me to read the j_password as a hash value e.g.

String pwd = userAccountSystem1.getAttribute("com.sap.security.core.usermanagement", "j_password" )[0];

which returns me an hash value like

{SSHA}FzQ4Cw3g0qD0/3SRyeaDVKSONIp0aeS8nlA=

but whenever i try to set this hash value within the new UME system using the same interface like

userAccountSystem2.setAttribute( "com.sap.security.core.usermanagement", "j_password", new String[]{pwd} );

then this actually does not really work. If I try to re-read the just set value, then the returned value is

{SSHA}rUR/RNgKMXbDH0Scgy+hkEZWZiF1waVJLdQ=

Is there somehow a way to set the hash code using the UME java interface?

Any recommendation how users can be copied including the passwords (just the hash codes, not the readable password)

Thank you for your help,

Andreas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Andreas,

I see you are attacking your requirement with a coding solution. Assuming your UME is local, have you considered the solution in the following note which may save you development effort ?

1760085 - How to migrate users in J2EE server useradmin application with passwords included (UME:LOC...

If it must be a coded solution then I'll happily let others with more experience in this domain try and help you out.

Kind Regards,

Amerjit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thank you! I did actually wrote my own export & import scripts and managed to set the password using SQL scripts.

UPDATE ume_strings SET val = ?, upperval = ? WHERE attr = 'j_password' AND pid = ? 

I was looking for that information, but it was nowhere documented in the help. Can't understand why the whole documentation by default does not even highlight, that this parameter exits. 

Thank you for your help,

Regards,

Answers (0)