cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question regarding additional characteristics values selection for specific class during change material scenario...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Question regarding additional characteristics values selection for specific class during change material scenario.

1. The requirement is, if required user can add new characteristic value/values against of class during change material. When I am talking about new characteristic value i.e, not present in field F4. It will be custom value. Now the question is...

Is this technically possible in MDG? If yes, please explain the way to do it.

2. So far in our present Business scenario, Long description (which is a combination of characteristic of a class) can be editable during change scenario. Now the question is...

While user add new characteristic value/values, how it will impact to the long description?

Last but not the least, can we add new characteristic value/values during material creation? If yes, please explain the way to do it.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

shivananddeshmu
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi, Check of Characteristic values in MDG UI depends on how they are defined in Backend ERP. You can check the property of characteristic (mandatory, check table, additional values allowed etc.) in transaction CT04. If additional values are allowed, then in MDG UI you can enter additional values apart from F4 help values. If additional values are not allowed, then you might get an inconsistent status or error while trying to do so in MDG UI. Best Regards, Shiva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiva,

I checked, it will allow additional values. But my question is, how we can technically achieve it along with the long description?

Regards,

Victor

Tony03
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

The free text values will not be added to the allowed values list (f4 help). How you want to generate description depends on your requirement. If you want abbreviations to be maintained before the description generation logic is run, obviously that  has to be maintained (may be another workflow? or manually).