cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JCo Error. Parameters Validation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone.

We're running a SAP Portal with several home made WebDynpro Applications. When I check the log of the server I find several errors regarding the JCo Connectors of the form:

"Could not create JCOClientConnection for logical System <MODELDATA JCO>"

I get this error with several of my JCo Connectors, not just one.

All of this JCo have the following configuration:

JCo Pool Configuration

Maximum Pool Size: 100

Maximum Connections: 1000

Connection Timout (sec.): 10

Maximum Waiting Time (sec.): 30

They all connect with SSO - SAP Ticket.

Do you have any suggestions to help me fix this?. According to the Portal Activity Report there are less than 50 users logged in, so it appears that this shouldn't be a problem.

My applications do use several models each, and I don't disconnect the Models programmaticaly.

Any suggestions? Could the bottle neck be in the backend R/3 System and not in the WAS?.

Thanks a lot for your advice.

Regards,

Francisco.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

suresh_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Francisco,

Check the JCo Pool Configuration settings of your JCO Destination.

Error message comes when maximum connections has been reached.

Try increasing "Maximum Connections" value.

Another way also to avoid this situation. After executing your BAPI close the connection to SAP R/3 .

wdcontext.current<node>element().modelobject().modelInstance().disconnectIfAlive();

this will close connection with R/3. and this error won't come again.

Hope this solve your problem

Regards, Suresh KB

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello. Thanks for taking the time to respond.

I understand that by explicitly closing the connections I might avoid the problem, but that is one scenario that we're trying to avoid, given the high number of deployed applications and models that we would have to change.

We have already adjusted the maximum connections parameter to what we believed to be a reasonable number, 1000, which considering that we've never had more than 150 users concurrently logged, seemed more than enough. However the problem persists. Is this number insufficient? Do you think that for this scenario the maximum connections parameter needs to be raised even more?. Could it be that the bottle neck is in the backend system?

As for the authentication, this applications are deployed in a SAP Portal environment, which handles authentication, you don't have to explicitly turn it on.

Thanks again for your prompt answers.

Regards,

Francisco.

abhijeet_mukkawar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Francisco,

I may sound silly but have you turned on authentication on your WD application?

Have you defined sap.authentication to true in WD application in NW IDE ?

and is it prompting for uid aand pwd in browser?

goto your application and check above things , this could be the problem.

regards