cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kernel 640 Update

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am updating an Unicode ECC5 640 kernel on Windows 2003 64 bit and MS SQL 2000.

Looking at the Support Pack 15 and up install guide, it says to unpack downloaded SAPEXE.SAR and SAPEXEDB.SAR into a temporary directory,stop the R3 system, then copy the contents of this temporary directory to <drive>:\usr\sap\<SAPSID>\sys\exe\run, then start the SAP system again.

Under the SYS\exe directory, there is run, but also, there is \uc\NTAMD64 which has executables in it, I believe there is now a program called sapcpe which copys the contents of the kernel directory? the SP guide doesn't mention anything about this, do I need to do anything with the directory? how does sapcpe actually work?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the info.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Upto 4.7EE exe files are stored in <b>usr\sap\<sapsid>\sys\exe\run</b> directory.

In ECC on words we are using unicode so exe files are stored in<b> \uc\ntamd64</b>.Here UC means unicode.

When we are doing kernel update means we neeed to uncar the files and stop the r\3 system.

i hope it will help you.

kiran kumar.v

former_member190272
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

you copy the extracted file on \usr\sap\<SAPSID>\sys\exe\run\uc\NTAMD64

And start saposcol and start database too.

Check this link

http://www.easymarketplace.de/SAPCAR.php

Thanks

Pankaj Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

ecrnirp,

1. Unpack the .sar files to a temp folder.

2. Copy them to the sys target folder \usr\sap\<SAPSID>\sys\exe\run\uc\NTAMD64

3. Start the engine, this will start sapcpe which will copy down to your instance or app server directories.

4. Verify your kernel copy by running a "disp+work -v" from the command line from both the above directory and the instance exe directory. They should match.

SAPCPE is in charge of synching your kernel files accross your SID landscape.

SAPCPE reads the manifest file in the kernel directory to determine what to copy.

SAPCPE is called by your start profile. If you do not want it to run, comment it out of your start profile.