Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Measures stored in columnar view

Saurabh_Tiwari
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have question about 'how measures are stored in columnar views'.

For example, underlying replicated database table (generally a row storage) contains data as below -

Field1Field2Field3Measure
A1B1C110
A1B1C220
A1B2C130
A1B3C140

And a column view (Analytic view) is created using Field1, Field2 and Measure. Therefore the column view will contain Field1, Field2 and aggregated Measure values for Field3.

In report, I can again display aggregated at various levels e.g. sometimes at Field1 level alone, sometimes at Field2 level alone and sometimes displaying Field1 and Field2 both (slicing/dicing).

So, My question is -

1. When an aggregated column is created for Measure, what are the aggregation levels.

2. are various aggregated columns created for Measure for different combinations of levels. In order to get fast result.

Thanks for the reply.

Regards,

Saurabh 

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member226419
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you use aggregated columns with measures in analytical or calculation view,Its will calculate measure based on other attribute columns.

And if you want to filter it based on one column like based on Filed1 or filed2 only ,then in that case you have to use SQL query to get the same.

In model , aggregation on measure will be done based on all attribute columns in the model.

I hope you got my point.

BR

Sumeet