cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number ranges in the custom table is jumbling..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have a scenario where we used the customised table YVINVSEQ from which the number got generated and populated into the reference field in the billing document. (Billing Header).

The number from the custom table will populate through the user exit when we save the billing document.

Issue facing here is : Without anyones intervention,the number ranges in the custom table YVINVSEQ is jumbling.

For Example: Today the current number is 14550000023, next day if we check the number will be 14550000035.

We have checked whether these missing numbers are consumed by any other billing docs of any other company code or same company code.But no clue we got.

We require some light on this issue if somebody faced this kind of thing..

Thanks,

Pavan.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

HI pavan,

In the perticular custom table you might be maintaining number range objects basing on billing document type and sales org combination. try to remove that perticular number range and allocate another number range within the same number range object.

we too got the same kind of issue earlier, solved as guided above.

pardhreddyc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Normally if you have pre numbering system, i mean before saving system pulls the number range for the document.If you are not saving that document system omits that document number and creates with other next open number.Thats the reason yiu get jumbling in number ranges of your table.

Just check with your ABAPER ,as you said its custom development.Because they might have used this functionality.

Regards,

Pardhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pardhu,

The functionality implemented here is whenever we save the billing doc,then the user exit will get triggered and the current number in the YVINVSEQ table will get populated into the reference field in the billing document header.

But the number ranges maintained in the YVINVSEQ table is getting jumbled up due to some cause.

Due to this,even the accounting docs from the FI side also getting jumbled up.

Thanks,

Pavan.

pardhreddyc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

I got your situation, i suggest you to debug with the help of ABAPER.

Are you generating the number assignment in save exit of billing or before saving billing document you number range is getting triggered from custom table.

Are you keeping the number assignment as per next open number.

Normally what i do in my situation is, we are saving the generated number in same table and pulling the next open number in sequence so that system will not miss the sequence.

Just check with your ABAPER.