cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CCMS Alert forwarding to ALM working without assigning auto-reaction method

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In my DXI system, alerts are being forwarded to the ALM and my inbox, without the Z auto reaction method being assigned to an any Method or MTE class. How is this possible?

I ask because someone else setup the DXI environment and now the QXI and PXI environments are not forwarding alerts to the ALM. In fact, even after following the steps in detail and creating the AR Method and assigning it to the relavent MTE for XI errors, they still do not go to the ALM. I wanted to know if it can happen some other way.

Regards,

Chris

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris -

For just XI message based alerting, CCMS is not a required component. You just need your alert categories, alert rules, and SCOT set up.

For troubleshooting, I'd suggest going through the Alert troubleshooting Note (913858).

Regards,

Jin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jin,

So errors such as rec determination and mapping errors that can be seen in SXMB_MONI, will go into the alert inbox, without raising CCMS alerts? I thought XI message based alerting only involved alerts raised in BPM to a catagory, not the generic errors that the integration engine will raise.

Thanks,

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

<i>>>>So errors such as rec determination and mapping errors that can be seen in SXMB_MONI, will go into the alert inbox, without raising CCMS alerts?</i>

Yes - of course, given that the relevant alert rule is created and active. You can in addition have the XI alerts reported to CCMS - check Note 824039 for details.

<i>>>>I thought XI message based alerting only involved alerts raised in BPM to a catagory, not the generic errors that the integration engine will raise.</i>

Not the case - it's probably meant more for the integration engine/adapter engine message based errors (and in addition for the BPM alerts as well).

Regards,

Jin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jin,

Thanks! I got it all cleared up. The central monitoring- XI Alerts SM59 connection did not have a client or password specified. So, the system was failing to bad user name and password error. Once I updated this, the alerts started flowing. I saw this in the logreader program. I appreicate the help! It cleared up my understanding.

Regards,

Chris

Answers (0)