cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it best way to Create of CVC automatically based on CIF Product and location and get the customer from BI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Is it best way to  Create of CVC automatically based on CIFFed Product and location and get the customer from BI system.

Here is the requirement:

We need to automate complete CVC process in DP based on APO SNP master data for all the products. by creation of CVC using infoprovider.

This CVC ob runs once the CIF master data job completes for all the newly created SNP product location data.

Identify customer details from BI system for the new product and location details.

All this logical definition we are writing in a start routine, here  we consider location as the primordial characteristic in building the flat structure.

In location we will have additional field which defines dc and country and if its a planning location or not.

then once these are checked. Start filling a temporary table which holds these characteristic.

To Identify the customer we are planning to have DC location DELIVERY LOCATION as attribute to product and location which defines the relationship for all the objects.

Based on Product, the brand is Identified which is its lowest level. Next is the rest of the objects like customer group based on customer.

product on product group. rest of the CVC structure like brand and mapped.

We need to map 2 customer hierarchies to the cvc structure.

May I know is there any standard functional module which flattens the Hierarchies.structure? or any methods or guidelines would really helpful.

and is there any better approach or methods which helps to automate?

currently we are on HANA DATABASE. Do let me know if you need further clarity.

Thanks all.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen

I have no knowledge of HANA, but I am trying to understand few things:

1. Why are you trying to create combinations based on CIF?

The standard business practice is to generate combinations from sales order history, that is usually loaded through BW structure built in within APO.

Is there is a special business reason for the CIF approach?

2. Are you getting all the characteristics in your planning object structure (POS) through the CIF? For example, you have product, location, brand, channel, local customer and national customer in the POS, then you need to have all these coming through CIF. This is usually not the case and remember you need to have all the POs characteristics or the combination will not be automatically generated, per out of box functionality.

I would simply stick to the standard ways of CVC generation. If CVCs are created through standard way, they can pull the unit of measure, descriptions kinds of information from the CIFed data. But it seems you are trying to work backwards.