cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to assign characteristics values using "Check Table"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone!

I am new to this forum as well as Variant Configuration. First of all I would like to thank each one of you for posting ton of information in the forums. The information is a treasure for a rookie like me and it not only answers most of the questions but also provide lot of insight. Great Job Everyone!!

OK, coming to my problem, it will be a basic and simple issue for many of the experts. I want to use the Check Table functionality to assign values to a characteristics. I read the help deck and followed the below steps.

Step-1: Created a characteristics CHAR_TEST with data type character, value assignment - multiple values (Although in the help library it was mentioned that tables should be used only for single-value characteristics).

Step-2: Using T-code CU61 & CU60 created a table VC_TEST and added the CHAR_TEST as the only key field. Saved the table as 'Released'.

Step-3: Went back to CT04 (Change mode) > Values>Other Value Check>Check Table

Now when I enter VC_TEST, I get an error "Check Table VC_TEST not found". Can anyone help me in pointing out my mistake?

Thanks,

Manu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ravi_kumar204
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Manu,

Yes, check table is used to check the Database table.

If you want use your own table as check table, Create a ZTABLE in se11 and use.

Note : Check tables with more than one key field are not supported. However, if you enter a function module for checking values, you can refer to any check table in your own coding.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ravi,

Tamas and you both provided me the information that I was looking for.

Thanks so much for providing the answer

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member214775
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manu,

the check table should refer to a database table, not variant table.

Best regards

Tamas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tamas,

Thanks so much for your reply. Your reply is helpful and pointed out the mistake I made. I was using the wrong T-code and was trying variant table when I should have created a database table. However, I don't have developer key and have to take ABAPer's help to create a db table for me, which I think my lead will not like.

Thanks for your help on this!

Regards,

Manu