cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot update project data using DPR_DX_PROJECT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I import excel file using standard function for Portfolio Item creation (RPM_DX_ITEM), and also pass parameter to create Project on saving.

But when I need to change Project Management Project (e.g. add phases, tasks and checklists) using program DPR_DX_PROJECT, there is no option to update. I tried to put the Project Number into the file and upload, system shows the error message that object is already exists.

Could you please kindly help to advise the program for mass project update?

Thanks and Best Regards,

Anukoon P.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

francesco_pezzoli
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Anukoon,

I can confirm this restriction of program DPR_DX_PROJECT. You can refer e.g. to the following SCN WIKI article which mentions this explicitly:

Limitations of Report DPR_DX_PROJECT - Product Lifecycle Management - SCN Wiki

For a workaround you can refer to the following SCN thread (where the same question is answered with details of how you can create your own report for this purpose):

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3473794

Best regards
Francesco

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Francesco,

Thank you very much for your replied.

I think, we have to create Portfolio Item and Project separately.

So, Is it possible to assign Portfolio Item during Project upload?

Could you please kindly help to advise?

Thanks & Best Regards,

Anukoon P.

francesco_pezzoli
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Anukoon,

It is not possible to assign a project to an item using report DPR_DX_PROJECT, nor to assign an existing item to a project using report RPM_DX_ITEM. I therefore think you have the following options:

- either you create the item and the project together via report RPM_DX_ITEM, and then use a custom program to update/change the project (if required) as per my previous reply

- or you create the item and project separately and then use a custom program to create the link between the existing project and item. I am not aware of any examples of other customers choosing this approach, so am currently not able to provide any pointers concerning how you can realise this custom program. Hopefully other forum users may be able to provide some tips.

Best regards
Francesco

Answers (0)