cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spnego ABAP on NW7.31 SP07 intermittent issues

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

We have all the settings needed for SPnego on ABAP.  I don't want to go into them here, but as the discussion moves forward I can explain all that!

SOMETIMES.....SOMETIMES when trying to log in via NWBC / WEBGUI and CRM ICWEB, users are presented with login screens.

When NWBC/WEBGUI presents a login screen, it's the typical login screen you would see as if no SSO was setup.

And if I refresh the URL a few times, I will end up getting in without actually putting in any user/pass.

When they see the ICWEB login screen, it's really just a pop up in the browser.  Saying "Windows Security" (at the top) then, in the window, it says:

"The server myCRMhostname.MyDomain.com at SAP Netweaver Application server [SID/CLIENT] requires a username and password."

Then you see a box for the username/password.

Again, just hit 'cancel' a few times and you will get in....

Sooooo strange.  SSO will work great for all users across all PCs for a few hours at a time.  Then it will stop working and we'll get those errors I noted above.

I've done TONS of research on this.  I highly suspect our Microsoft AD network...KDC has a problem, but I know nothing about that side of the house.

There are a few notes out in SAP, and threads out of google searches that talk about the KDC, instead of sending a Kerberos token, will send something called a NTLM token.  And when that happens, you can't login.  But it all comes down to why/how the Kerberos KDC is sending that.

How do you prove / disprove that the KDC is sending a Kerberos token (or a NTLM token) from an SAP ABAP perspective?

Or how else could I effectively trouble-shoot this issue?

I really believe that NW SSO could be great for our environment, but because of all these moving parts it is proving very difficult to troubleshoot when it breaks.

Thanks

NICK

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think we finally figured this out.  Note 1732610, Section 2.2 mentions a little blub about the importance of the "local intranet zone".  for us, it was the exact opposite, once I took the hostname OUT of the zones, we have worked just fine.  Our company has a policy setting, so no users can alter what goes in these zones.  Unfortunately, that wasn't as consistent across all users as I was told.

But again, once we cleaned up those entries we have not had the problem.

Answers (0)