cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One delivery type , two plants. Is this possible?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are merging a couple of SAP instances across 2 countries, so we have 2 plants using the same delivery type LF. Both countries have different configuration for the delivery type. Is there a way to use the same delivery type for both plants but retaining their individual configuration ?

Thanks

Neil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Both countries have different configuration for the delivery type

First of all, you should be aware, based on what parameters a delivery split will happen.  If you are not aware, please search SCN so that you will get the required information.  Now coming to your above comments,  not enough to understand what different configuration you have in which case, it is not possible to comment anything on this.  Assuming that two different countries obviously, have different shipping points, it is not possible to club in one delivery, unless you change the existing configuration.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi,

I am not looking at delivery splitting. There will be 2 different sales orders and therefore will require no delivery splitting.

I have also attached a screen shot of the delivery type setup configuration screen showing the differences between 2 systems

However, I believe that Jyoti Prakash has answered my question. I figured that it will not be possible but put the question out there anyway. Especially since the delivery type configuration is not tied to a plant.

Thanks guys

Neil

mithu_mukhejee
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Neil,

Two different sales order can be assigned to a single delivery type .

but delivery type can not have different config data individually for each plant.

Suppose document type LF has some properties, which could be shared in two plants but LF can not be modified individually for different Plants.

Enjoy!

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

As per standard configuration, you can't achieve, 2 different configuration in same delivery doc.

Thanks, JP