cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should we still use BSID / BSAD in custom development on a SFIN2.0 system

Former Member

Hello experts,

I would like to know what is the best approach, from a technical point of view,

to read the open invoices of a customer for a new SAP implementation.

We want to create DDL views (CDS) on top and expose these as Odata services to a custom application.

Option 1: As SAP replaced the existing database tables BSAD / BSID / ... by views (DDL sources),

we would like to know if it is still a best practice to select on, the view, BSID.

This seemed to be the better option as we can reuse the existing view and thus reduce the development effort.

Option 2: would be to select on BSEG and make the join with BKPF ourselves to exclude vendor or closed invoices.

I would guess that in this scenario we can achieve a small performance increase as we can access the data directly.

Also this would be the most stable option if SAP created the views BSID / BSAD / ... only temporary to reduce the workload

when doing an SFIN migration.

Please share with me what option we should use or what the roadmap of SAP is with these views.

Thanks!

Kind regards,

Tim Leys

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tim

As far as I know, you can continue to use BSID / BSAD and it will be automatically redirected to the concerned views (This is what I have understood from the sessions that I have attended)

Br, Ajay M

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member196555
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tim,

Good question.

While both the options are feasible, what I could experience is Option 1 slows down the performance when the volume of the data is more in few reports. We got this corrected by replacing the READS on BSID with BSEG in most of the reports.

We can have different opinions on this, nevertheless it would be the factors like development effort and performance expected that would decide the options to be used here. We are living with option 1 for most of the reports however we had to choose option 2 for Business critical reports.

Also, it would be interesting if you can now check the new structure of BSEG with new fields added to it. You might not need a join with BKPF.

Regards,

Harshad.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tim,

The new journal entry consists of a header (BKPF) and respective items (table ACDOCA). While Migrating to SFIN, there are few migration steps need to be executed and during this process system converts all your tables and creates index tables like BSIS, BSID etc with DDL view.

As per SAP strategy, they have kept lot of tables in FI and CO though not required as per new architecture just to ensure smooth transition especially development objects. I suggest to go with option 1 if you are going with new development objects and go with option 2 if it is an existing object to be on safer side.

Regards,

Santosh Varanasi