Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

DESTINATION_APP vs LOOKUP for data movement betweeen models

Dear experts,

I would like to ask about the difference and Costs/Benefits of using each of this approaches to move data between models of the same environment at an aggregated level. For example, obtaining a SUM of all accounts (parent member?) from INCOME model into a dummy account on EXPENSE model to use as a allocation driver.

As far as I know, both approaches could achive what I want, But would be helpful to know from your experience wich one is best, flexibility and performance wise.

To use DESTINATION_APP, script logic should be on the source model to later be called on destination model using a RUNLOGIC_PH statement, while LOOKUP would only be necessary to implement on target model.

Thank you all for your time!

Best regards,

Hi Joaquin,

In most cases "push" approach by DESTINATION_APP is better, only existing records will be transferred to target.

With LOOKUP and empty target you have to use very slow *WHEN_REF_DATA = MASTER_DATA (affects all dimensions).

P.S. And yes, RUNLOGIC_PH is fine for: clear destination, push data from source, additional calculations in target...

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question