Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

DESTINATION_APP vs LOOKUP for data movement betweeen models

Dear experts,

I would like to ask about the difference and Costs/Benefits of using each of this approaches to move data between models of the same environment at an aggregated level. For example, obtaining a SUM of all accounts (parent member?) from INCOME model into a dummy account on EXPENSE model to use as a allocation driver.

As far as I know, both approaches could achive what I want, But would be helpful to know from your experience wich one is best, flexibility and performance wise.

To use DESTINATION_APP, script logic should be on the source model to later be called on destination model using a RUNLOGIC_PH statement, while LOOKUP would only be necessary to implement on target model.

Thank you all for your time!

Best regards,

Joaquin.

Former Member
replied

Hi Joaquin,

In most cases "push" approach by DESTINATION_APP is better, only existing records will be transferred to target.

With LOOKUP and empty target you have to use very slow *WHEN_REF_DATA = MASTER_DATA (affects all dimensions).

Vadim

P.S. And yes, RUNLOGIC_PH is fine for: clear destination, push data from source, additional calculations in target...

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question