cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC to SFTP aync scenario error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have a RFC to SFTP scenario. I have  imported the RFC in PI and have created a inbound async interface for the SFTP receiver. When I execute this scenario the file gets created on the SFTP server successfully but i get an error in AEX saying

Transmitting the message using connection RFC_http://sap.com/xi/XI/System failed, due to: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: Error encountered while executing mapping: com.sap.aii.af.service.mapping.MappingException: com.sap.aii.utilxi.misc.api.ResourceException: Could not determine mapping steps for message

From what I understand, PI is trying to look for a response message mapping for the interface. Please confirm if this is correct.

Also confirm how should I configure my RFC to achieve a async scenario.

Thanks,

Diptee

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member184948
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Diptee,

What Nunu has written is correct, for detailled explanation please go through his link

http://www.riyaz.net/sap/understanding-the-rfc-adapter/42/

former_member193376
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

The issue might be related to cache, please run the full cache refresh as Bhargava suggested. also check the sap note 1312182. Also, double check your Service Interface that it is not of synchronous type.

Regards,

Saiyog

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Please find my responses to your suggestions below

1) Try to clear the cache [Full Cache refresh] - already tried several times

2) Test the mapping from the test tab. - works fine, only the request message is generated as required.

3) Test configuration in ID - i believe, this does not apply to ICO configuration

4) sap note 1312182 - this is not applicable for our scenario as the note talks about mapping program being available but not visible in cache. In my case the response mapping is not there as it is not required.

I understand the error I am facing has got something to do with RFC import, export and table parameters. Can someone confirm, how do I need to use these parameters to use the RFC in async manner? As stated earlier i am sending multiple rows of data to PI using my RFC from the CRM system.

Regards,

Diptee

rcsegovia
Active Participant
0 Kudos

For a synchronous RFC you need request and respond message mapping, if you don’t need respond create the RFC according or look for another RFC to fill your expectations.

You can create a custom asynchronous RFC copy of synchronous if you need it.

Cheers,

Roberto.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Roberto,

My RFC is already a custom RFC and I have created only the request mapping in PI. Still when i call the RFC, the message processing log says "RFC adapter received an sRFC for <RFC name> from <SIDCLNT>. Trying to send message synchronously.

This is what is baffling here .

regards,

Diptee

former_member190284
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Diptee

As far i know, the RFC can be sync and asyn.

if RFC has to be made from sync to asyn than the changes has be done in the coding of the RFC itslef, which ABAP person will do

xt thing is, I have also faced the issue wherein I found that the RFC name was diff in ICO.

but since yours interfcae is working I dnt think so you are facing the same issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nunu,

I am looking for the RFC coding itself, but since it is an interface related issue I have posted it here.

regards,

Diptee

former_member190284
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Diptee

for sync, it would be like:

CALL FUNCTION 'ZGET_CHECKIN_GUEST_DET1'

IN BACKGROUND TASK                 "Asynchronus Communication

DESTINATION  'xyz'

for asyn

CALL FUNCTION 'ZGET_CHECKIN_GUEST_DET1'

Bhargavakrishna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Diptee,

Please try the below

1) Try to clear the cache [Full Cache refresh]

2) Test the mapping from the test tab.

3) Test configuration in ID

Regards

Bhargava Krishna

rcsegovia
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Diptee,

You should create your RFC Sych or Asynch  according your espectations.

cheers,

Roberto.