cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OPI2 : suppress indicator impacts on BU availability controls

0 Kudos

Dear experts,

We have configured a specific value category RR for revenues CE within OPI1 and we have activated the update option 'suppress' for PS report within OPI2.

My question: does the option 'suppress' for revenue's valuation category have any impact on the active budget availability control ?

My understanding is that posting to a revenue value category / CE is automatically excluded from the assigned value / availability control.. and the 'suppress' option is only used if you want to exclude them from the PS reports. pls confirm.

SAP notes 178837 and 777859 are not clear for me ;-(

Thanks and regards,

M Yernaux

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

You are correct with your view which is justified in note - 1414563, case B

However, revenue doesn't contribute to assigned values of budget active control ( irrespective of suppress indicator) as clearly mentioned in both notes suggested by you.

Further, suppress indicator only exempt relevant cost elements from assigned values of PS reporting but it has no effect on assigned values of budget availability control. Consequently you will find difference in assigned values between PS reporting & budget active control.

Thanks

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

suppress functionality in sap is like to which object you want to by pass/hide at the time of posting and transaction. so not impact by this functionality only in report may be some impact like if we suppress to few field selection group then those FSG is not collecting any entry like that due to this in report we can not fetch data by that object.

So accounting and logistic side not any impact by suppress.

Regards,
Sanjeev