cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Factory Calendar with public holidays as working days

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I'm new to SCN and hope I found the right spot for my question/task.

I'm trying to create a new factory calendar which is used to schedule batch jobs.

So for one calendar I need it to have only the last day of the month as working day - all the rest should be closed/non working days.

At the moment we implemented this with special rules, which means..a lot of manual work!

Now the idea was to use a holiday calendar which has all the days I want to be open (working days) defined as public holidays.

So I created a new holiday calendar with all the days I want. But when I add this to my factory calendar and tick the box: "working days: public holidays" - it gives me an error message:

How can I achieve this? Or is it yet possible to use public holidays this way?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

check this  link

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Thanks for the reply.

I already saw that site - but it is not referring to my problem.

The calendar is set up and working. The only problem I'm facing is using public holidays as working days in my factory calendar.

As seen in the above screenshot the error occurs when adding the "public holiday = working day" checkbox.

So the question would be:

Why can't I add a holiday calendar (with publich holidays) if I choose them to be working days?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm still struggling with this issue.

Now I found the above thread. So I could use public Holiday class "blank" and it's set as working day.

This is not working! This is what I did:

1. entered a new public Holiday (class: blank)

2. assigned Holiday to Holiday calendar

3. assigned Holiday calendar to factory calendar

--> Not working..

Any ideas?