Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dealing with Personal Table Settings in Personas

former_member105930
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created several flavors using MIGO. Basically I copy a material, qty and some text from custom fields on SMEN, open MIGO, and paste the values into the transaction, save and return a document number.

This all works fine until I deployed to to our QAS system ready for UAT.

The issue I have found is where the users have used the table settings within MIGO, to alter the layout to better suit there own personal preferences.

This causes my script to fail where I have referenced cell values as in the screenshot below:

I can go to all users who will be using these flavors and adjust their personal table views to match mine, but is there a better way of doing this?

thanks,

Ian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member105930
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Just to update you if any of you have this issue. The answer was in the end very simple and is something I should have realised straight away.

When scripting pasting values in entry transactions such as MIGO, it is essential for the script to run, that all the columns are in the same order.

When users change their own views in these settings they create a variant and set that as their standard setting:

Therefore you need to get the users to set their settings back to the basic setting that you have when you create the original scripts.

I realise that most of you will already be aware of this, but this is still a 'nice to know' in case you do have these issues.

Answers (0)