cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPMMC-error: Snap-in failed to initialize

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I downloaded the 90-day working version of the WAS 640. After succesfull installation without any error messages, I always get the error

<b>Snap-in failed to initialize

Name:<unknown>

CLSID:{633547E-A302-11D1-AE59-080009B07DBB}</b>

when I click on the "SAP Systems" menu item in the SAPMMC.

Does anybody has a clue of how this should be solved? And is there another way of starting up the J2EE server, for example, via the Services in the System Administration-panel ? How should I do that?

Please help

Kindly regards,

Herman

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Herman,

have you made sure you have full administration rights to the computer you are doing the installation?

You can start the WAS directly from your Services as well. I think the following services should be enough:

- SAP DB WWW

- SAPDB: <system id>

- SAPDBXIE

- SAP<sysid>_<instanceid>

- SAPOsCol

Hope this helps,

-Mikko

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mikko,

I started the services you suggested, but i still can't connect to the server.

When I installed the WAS, i was able to surf to http://<localhost>:50000/ but after a reboot, the server has automatically shut down and I can't start it up again (I probably can, but I don't know how).

Also when I click in the SAP Netweaver Developer Studio on the J2EE Engine-pane, the Remote Engine is N/A and I can't start it up via this way.

Any other suggestions?

Herman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Herman,

after you have started the services, have you checked out the SAP MMC to see what's going on? Do the services hang or stop completely? The startup can take some time so be patient..

-Mikko

Former Member
0 Kudos

))

I can't startup the SAP MMC, (see the first post).

I started the services you mentioned manual with Administration Tools > Services, and they all have the status "Started". I never got any errors during startup.

- Herman

daniel_davinci
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Herman,

Try the following on the Os that the install is done.

Start>Run>cmd then navigate to <DIR>:\WINDOWS\system32>

and execute the following command:

sapregsv sapmmc.dll

You should then be able to use the MMC again.

Regards

Daniel

P.S Please don't forget to award points!

roland_mallmann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Herman,

is your MaxDB instance in ONLINE mode? You can probably (=providing that your user/password combination is like below) check this with the following command from the commandline:

dbmcli -d <database_name> -u control,control db_state

Kind regards,

Roland

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, I see. I was just thinking the error was somehow related to the running services and that you could open SAP MMC after the services have been started..

How about service 'Server', is it running too? And your admin authorizations are ok?

If so, I'm afraid I'm running out of suggestions.. Maybe someone else has extra ideas?

-Mikko

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guys!

Some great helpfull answers here!

Registering the dll solved the problem! I know can startup the SAP MMC-console, and from there I can start the WAS without any problems.

Kindly regards and many thanks!

Herman

Answers (0)