cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cut Over Stratergy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We are going to fix cut over stratergy for go-live, but i as per requirement, i need to capture all historical costs and revenues (which were inccured in legacy system) into SAP. So i have very much confusion in this regards,kindly help me on this.

Here the challenge is that, we need to calculate the RA (Cost based POC method) values in SAP based on cummulative Costs and Revenues both

Planned and Actuals.

I have read some blogs but still i have no clarity on bringing the historical Costs and Revenues into SAP. If any one can explain in detail that will be helpfull for me. Also please guide me how the WIP will be brought into project.

So please guide me how to achieve this.

Regards,

Rao.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Please guide me on this...

Regards,

Rao

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please find below thread which can help you a bit more.

Regards

Terence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Please give your guidence on this process.

Regards,

Rao.

kenmelching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have used this procedure several times.  Make a summary cost posting to the WBS for the entire inception to date cost on a conversion account.  Debit and Credit the same account to eliminate the P&L impact.  This sets the baseline for RA calculations.  Make sure the planned costs are for the entire life of the project.

RA will run and calculate correctly. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ken,

Thanks for your reply...

Which type of G/L you used P/L or Balance Sheet?

What about WIP, how you were taken care about it?

Please guide me further on this....

Regards,

Rao.

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rao,

below is my thought.

First you have to teco all wbs so that any accounting posting not be allow by system. then check the report plan Vs Actual and Budget if availing this functionality in your organization then export those in excel sheet and contact with FICO consultant for the same so that FICO resource would be able to post those kind of cost in future project.

Master data of project like PD WBS NW NWA and work center person responsible will  move by legacy system during cut-over activity.

Rest wait for other commenters who, which have worked on similar scenario.

Regards,

Sanjeev