Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PS - Copy create new company code in same client

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I need your expert advice on the below mentioned scenario,

Objective -

Creating new company code(New business entities - new company) using existing company code in same client. "As is there is" Approach.

From Project systems perspective I have checked the following things with the existing process and also new requirements if any,

1. List of project profiles (Few company code specific and few don't have company code).

2. No change in the business process in new company code.

3. No new enhancements.

4. There are differeent project types for differents process - which needs to be copied as it is in new company code.

5. ZREPORTS/Interfaces/ZPROGRAMES/Jobs .

6. New company code related naming conventions for PS configurations (Coding mask/ project profiles/Project types,,etc).

Need your inputs for the below mentioned points,(PS perspective)

Assuming that FI team does the copy company code trasnactions.(Creates controlling area and FI Org structure which we use for PS also)

1. When copy company code is done which all settings/configurations are created in new company code and which all are not created ?

2. What additional parameters I should take care ?

3. What additional information I should get from business team ?

4. Which is best approach/method for data migration for PS templates and transaction data (open projects) ?

I have already refered other treads, I couldnt find much helpfull.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3650518

Thanks in advance,

SSP

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello PLM,

PS prospective why you need to create new company code in existing controlling area? this work will come under FICO so contact with him/her.

1. When copy company code is done which all settings/configurations are created in new

company code and which all are not created ?

-->check existing company code what parameter is there as global parameter and some check box credit control fiscal year variant company like that which will carry in new company code by copying control functionality.

2. What additional parameters I should take care ?

By PS Roll out parameter you should know by http://scn.sap.com/thread/3650518

3. What additional information I should get from business team ?

you are creating new company code it's means in your organization sap already implemented so no need to taken any data from business user you can approach by standard report (here what is your requirement)

4. Which is best approach/method for data migration for PS templates and transaction data (open projects) ?

Mater data of project will move by legacy system and cost as plan/actual you know by the reports then with help of FICo consultant do JV in future project object.

what else you are required please let me know.

Regards,

Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeev,

Thanks for the quick response,

Few things I would like to clarify,

I am handling only PS part there is FI person who is creating new company code.

1. I just rephrased "When copy company code is done which all settings/configurations are created in new company code for PS "

2. Can you elaborate on "cost as plan/actual you know by the reports then with help of FICo consultant do JV in future project object"

Thanks in advance,

SSP

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello PLM,

1. I just rephrased "When copy company code is done which all settings/configurations are created in new company code for PS "

--> No need to do any thing from PS side whenever create project with new company code and plant and if structure is going till network then you would be required MRP controller that you have to configure as you said like project profile is fix for some company code by validation rule then you can include this company code in existing validation so that system to allow to create project with new company code.

2. Can you elaborate on "cost as plan/actual you know by the reports then with help of FICo consultant do JV in future project object"

-->for existing project you have to check what is the plant value and actual value then export those in excel sheet. then check with FICO consultant like how to post this in future project like whichever project would be open in after rollout/golive/migration activity.

let me know if more clarification required?

Regards,

Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeev,

Thanks for the inputs, I will check the points mentioned and get back for any additional clarifications.

Regards,

SSP