Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filling bkpf-GRPID field on non-batch-input document direct posting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a procedure that now posts documents through "Call Transaction", whereas I previously used batch-input.

After such posting, I have other procedures that expect to receive the GRPID field (name of batch-input folder) for them to distinguish between different posting runs.

Let it be said that I'm not in position to change such methods, and that therefore, I need to arrange a way to fill the GRPID field in the BKPF record. I'm using the 'Posting_interface_document' call function.

Adding a record "BKPF-GRPID" with my "folder_name" to the internal table t_ftpost does not work as an error is generated, due to the fact that the function is not expecting such value to be filled.

Do you have any suggestion on how can I fill such field using a non-batch-input mode?

1 REPLY 1

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You could try to create a customer SPA/GPA parameter, export some data with SET PARAMETER ID and use it in a substitution rule, but you may be required to use some exit in the validation (to update structure BKPF) to change the value as this field is not allowed in standard and not selectable thru the Customizing transaction (SPRO, OBBH)

NB: Posting_interface_document allows creation of BDC (but you used call transaction option) I would have understand your requirement were you using a BAPI?

Regards,

Raymond