cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extended attributes in cards for process reports

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not sure if anyone can help.

I recently upgraded to Powerdesigner 16.5 (SP0% PL01 (64-bit)) 16.5.5.1 (4709).

In doing so I notice that one of my process model reports has a problem.

I have quite a few extended attributes and where they are referenced in cards in the report template  all that appears in the output as a value is <NONE>. This seems to be happening for all the cards of all of the objects.

So for example in the model card I refer to an extended attribute like so %(uuidProcess) and what appears in the output is <NONE>

If I add a list of extended attributes for the object to the report I can get them back but this makes the report less readable.

Also when editing the card in the new  report template  editor to choose the attributes to display,  none of the extended attributes appear to choose from.

The documentation seems to suggest that cards for objects will show all attributes including extended attributes but that does not seem to be the case.

I would raise this as a case but I am out of support and also I am not sure it is a bug so much as a feature of the new report engine.

Any suggestions anyone?

Regards

Derrick Evans

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using this same version, and in both Legacy and the new report writer, I can add extended attributes to the card of the object they belong to through the Add Attributes feature (new editor).

i am using the same release.

What happens when you create a new report using Legacy report writer?  Can you add them there?

After, use "Upgrade to new style report" to change it - do the extended attributes stay?

I suspect something in the report is not working right,but it is not a feature of the new report writer (we expect extended attributes to be added to a card) and should work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello David

Thanks for the reply.

I tried creating a report using the legacy editor and it works fine and as expected.

When I upgrade the report to the new style report the names of the extended attributes appear in the report template

(e.g. %(isConfidential)  but when the report is run the value <NONE> appears.

Also in the edit attributes tool the extended attributes do not appear. in the list to choose.

The process language is a heavily modified version of the old ebXML BPSS process language (by me) so that may have broken something.

When I get back to the office I will add some screen shots to illustrate what I mean.

Thanks again

Former Member
0 Kudos

So this is what it looks like in the legacy editor

And the output

And in the new editor parameters are in the template but the tools do not list the extended attributes.

And <NONE> appears when the report is run.

Answers (0)