Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Start SLA when Support Team is assigned

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

i configure SLA on SM 7.1 sp13

How i can tune start SLA time only when Support team is assigned in Service message?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

maybe SM can automatically transfer all new incidents in the status "NEW"

to the status "customer action"?

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, what I was trying to say is that you could place "NEW" as a customer status so it doesn't even start counting when a new ticket is created

Referencing the wiki (SLA Management - SAP IT Service Management on SAP Solution Manager - SCN Wiki)

Customizing Activities:

1. Choose activity “Specify Customer Time Status” from IMG path “2.3 SLA Management IMG Activities” or via transaction: SM30 and table: AISTATUS_SLA.
  2. Add a data record to the list for each user status for a non-relevant (customer) duration
        • Go to “Edit Mode”
        • Click on “New Entries”
        • Enter the name of the Status Profile (e.g. SMIN* or SMIV*) and the Status Code (E*)
Former Member
0 Kudos

I added to this table AISTATUS_SLA entry  ZMIN0001 E0001 (new)

still calculate SLA

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It was worth a try guess the IRT doesn't take it into account then, only MPT does I assume then.

Why do you want to alter the IRT in the first place? IRT = initial response time which measures the initial response time after the ticket has been created. If you now alter it then if a ticket stays unassigned for days and days, no one will take notice because there isn't any SLA that takes the assignment time into account?

Former Member
0 Kudos

you're right. MPT stop. IRT still calculate.

I need to stop the MRT too. as I said, the customer himself distributes incidents to service teams.

it has several service companies

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Maxim

Check the additional features for VAR in that case on http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/SAPITSM/SLA+Management#SLAManagement-3.5AdditionalFunctionaliti...

Kind regards

Tom

former_member207186
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You you can also refer to below SAP KBA for troubleshooting:
1913133 - "SLA configuration hints for SAP Solution Manager 7.1"

Regards,
Bíborka

Former Member
0 Kudos

which point allows to perform this setting:

SLA start when the Service Message becomes the status in processing

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Maxim

You can read about and check out the possibilities of SLA management here:

SLA Management - SAP IT Service Management on SAP Solution Manager - SCN Wiki

If the default settings don't match your requirements, you can play around with customer status to prevent the system from already calculating.

Have you considered automatically assigned a support team based on specific input or elements in your tickets?

Kind regards

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

my customer have multiple support teams.

the customer himself distributes requests to the team.

need not consider SLA until he appointed a team

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Maxim

You can try "customer time status" and see if that fits your requirement to make certain status not count in the SLA calculation.

Kr

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

it is not appropriate, because it is necessary:

when a message is created by the user (in status NEW) - SLA does not calculation

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

sorry, I don't understand what you're trying to say here

if the customizing features do not support what you're trying to do then you'll need custom development to make it happen