cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WM PP Interface with Pick List staging type & dynamic storage bin

0 Kudos

hello Gurus

I am using this process WM PP Interface with Pick List staging type & dynamic storage bin.

When we stage the components against PP process order, In WM stock report Lx02, Lx03 we can see the staged components in dynamic storage bin ( bin number equal to process order number), in Storage type 100 production supply. 

In my case we are using more than one Production Supply Area ( PSA that we define in Pk05) . & we do not want to use  "Fix storage bin" [ that we define in WM control cycle  LPK1,  as we are using dynamic storage bin concept].

My question is : Do we have any sap report to display the staged component at Production Supply Area (PSA) Level ? or in other words, Do we have any report to show stock is staged for which process order number  & on which Production supply area ?

Second point, i tried to use the field "Storing Position" [ define in LPK1 , wm control cycle). after defining when i staged the components, I could not find this field  Storing position any WM reports.  i am thinking the use of this field "Storing Position"

& I do not want to use the separate storage type for each production supply area.

Any thoughts \ solution ?

thanks in advance for your help & time.

Best Regards

Adnan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your observation is correct other then LX02, LX03 we don't have any standard SAP report where you can see the PSA wise stock detail (you need to design the custom report based on your requirement)

with regard to Storing position in LPK1 i never used that in any of my implementation however during my initial learning days i was told that this field is useful if we are using the KANBAN based replenishment

0 Kudos

Hello Manish

thank for your reply.

So we have following option. in all options we will use Pick List staging with automatic TR & TO creation option on process order release.

Option 1.  As in our case components batches are determined at Process Order level , WM only follow the requirement & issue the components. We can use Fix Production Storage Bin Option. In wm control cycle for each material , we will define the Fix Production Storage Bin ( Bin number  = Production Supply area).   So after staging we can see the PSA wise stock.

in my understanding, we may compromise the value of "Definite Assignment" which we can get in case of dynamic storage bin option, As components batches are already determined in the process order, and on process order confirmation, same component are copied.    

Option 2: we may define separate Storage type for each production supply area.  + WM PP Interface with Pick List staging type & dynamic storage bin

then via standard report we can see the PSA wise + Process order wise stocks in Production supply area.

Option 3:  we can develop custom report to see the stock at PSA Level  withWM PP Interface with Pick List staging type & dynamic storage bin, we can see the PSA wise + Process order wise stocks in Production supply area.

Please Vote the Option. and what are your thoughts ?

Thanks

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

With standard report LPIN it is possible to track the status of material staging for production.

Anyway, if your WM-PP interface solution is fine, and only the reporting is an issue (report PSA), I would recommend to develop a report (or enhance the standard if there's a solution w/o standard modification) instead of adjusting the WM-PP interface (=whole soltion, incl. configuration) to the standard reports.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried using LPIN but how do I configure it ? I cannot see my list of plants in the dropdown on the initial screen.

0 Kudos

Hello GS

there are four options in LPIN,  you can get list by giving

Order number or  PSA or work Center or Raw material\ components. it will give you the results.

thanks

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As for the selection screen/selection, this is not the best report I have seen (I also had some difficulties to understand it).

As far as I understand:

We can use only the fields with the radio buttons for selection. When you execute the transaction ("Display" icon [F2]) and the data is selected, the plant's value will be automatically appear in the drop-down list.

I'm not sure if it plays a role in selection, if the warehouse is assigned to multiple plants (and e.g. the same material/work center is used in more than one of the plants); maybe after the execution of the report all the relevant plants can be seen in the drop-down list and the report can be influenced (after the execution) - but this is just assumption, I cannot check it now..

In case of 1:1 warehouse-plant assignment it is just "information".

0 Kudos

Hello GS

Alternatively you can use following report

Lx41 : WM-PP Evaluation Report.  i think this is good one.

Lx42 : Evaluation of PP order from WM view

Thanks!

Adnan