cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't open lumira v1.23

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

i haven't used the software in a few days, but now i will not open.

it hangs during the open, when it gets to "preparing user interface", which is displayed at the bottom of the splash screen.

i let it sit for at least 5 minutes to see if it would respond, but nothing.

i've rebooted and tried selecting the "run as administrator" option, but nothing works.

i'm hoping someone can tell me how to fix what's wrong, or if i need to re-install this version.

i'm using windows 8.1, if it helps.

thank you

tracy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Tracy:

What about upgrading to the latest version, 1.25.1?  Could you try that?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi tammy,

i don't want to upgrade to the new version now because i'd have to upgrade the project files and not be able to go back.

is there a way to get the v1.23 install file?

thank you

tracy

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't know of a way to get the 1.23 files; but I am also not following how you would lose your project files either?

Former Member
0 Kudos

when i upgraded to v1.23, the files were converted and i couldn't open them under v1.22.

the installation files from previous versions aren't destroyed when a new version comes out. they still exist on a server. links to them are just removed from the web page or the latest version is saved with the same file name as the previous version, thus over writing the older version. if the new version came out on  may 5th  for example, the server backup from may 4th or earlier would have the previous version.

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That is interesting; I haven't experienced that.  I assume you are referencing Lumira Desktop?  Maybe try this on another machine (Lumira 1.25.1)?

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, i am using lumira desktop.

i don't want to take the time to set up another laptop to finish what i'm doing.

hopefully, someone will be able to tell me how to get a copy of the installation file.

thank you

tracy

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Version 1.23 is on SAP Service Marketplace at support.sap.com/swdc under "L" under patches, if you have access

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi tammy,

thank you for the info. i own a few sap products. i tried logging into the marketplace web site, but i guess i don't have the right type of account for lumira. i know in the past, i could download older versions of crystal with the account that i have now.

what bugs me is that this is the free version. i have/own a copy of the full version of lumira, but i have no clue where the registration stuff is.

tracy

Answers (0)