cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get roles in SAP HANA Cloud Platform cockpit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I logged in SAP HANA Cloud platform developer free edition cockpit, where in the catalog am able to create a tables but if i am trying to create new schema and attribute view and calculation view etc its telling that i don't have access to create the same, Could you please let me know how to get role to create new schema and to create data model.

Great thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

pfefferf
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sankar,

the HANA trial instance on HCP has some restriction. For example it is not possible to create new schemas.

There is one specific schema (NEO_<unique_id>) in which you can create catalog objects (e.g. tables). You can find out your schema by selecting the schema name from view "HCP"."HCP_DEV_METADATA".

But you wanna create attribute views and calculation views. For that I would recommend to create repository objects within the respository view. There exists a package <your trial account>/<your trial instance> under the Content node. Within that you can create these objects. By using procedure "HCP"."HCP_GRANT_SELECT_ON_ACTIVATED_OBJECTS" you can make the runtime object of the view(s) visible within schema _SYS_BIC.

Please have a look to documentation Using a SAP HANA Trial Instance and especially Specific Procedures and Views for SAP HANA Trial Instance. It is also worth to have a look to blog post .

Best Regards,

Florian

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks Florian.for the information.