cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GUI close itself in 64 bits Windows 7

pawadee_k
Participant
0 Kudos

I have a problem with SAP GUI closing itself in Windows 64 bits when performing some transaction (SO10>Change Text).

I have tried with various version of GUI, 720 with different patch 0,9,11 and also 730 but the result is the same.

If it is 64 bit the GUI always closes, if it is 32 bits everything works just fine,

Any advice on fix for 64 bits Windows 7?

Pawadee K.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you tried the 7.40 SAPgui? 7.30 is out of support soon, and support for 7.20 ended quite  while ago...

Steve.

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I've had similar issues on SAPgui 7.30 closing down automatically on Windows 7

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Anyone with these issues should follow the procedure in this wiki

ADPlus - Netweaver Technology - SCN Wiki

Jude

pawadee_k
Participant
0 Kudos

SAP GUI 7.40 patch 6 works for me

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pawadee K.,

I had some remote client's who were having their SAP GUI 7.30 patch 7 session just drop without an error.

Crash correction's in SAP GUI 7.30 patch 11 - 13:

GUI Crash in CL_GUI_FRONTEND_SERVICES Parallel Execution, note 2051058

OFFI: SAP GUI crashes with wrong document URL, note 2059932

OFFI: Word crashes with CTRL+P keyboard shortcut, note 2068949

SAP GUI BARCHART: SAP GUI crashes on double click., note 2077571

SAPGUI leads to crash when copying deactivated OBJs, note 2064422

SAPGUI Crashes When no TERM_CLR is Sent, note 2109318

SAP GUI NETCHART: The chart crashes after search operation., note 2090535

They are stable on patch 13 with SAPSetup.exe patch 61.  The older SAP GUI 7.20 software will have issues on 64-bit.  Same goes for SAP GUI 7.30/SAP GUI 7.40 unless you apply the latest corrections in SAPSetup 9.0.  Patch 61 is the newest.  Not sure what version is in the compilation build but it's probably one or two revisions behind. Think of it as a  kernel.

First thing I would do is remove any reference to SAP GUI 7.x.  Use Microsoft add and remove program feature and then double check for any reference to SAP GUI under C:\Program Files or C:\Program Files (x86) and delete it.  I have always found some residual content left behind.

f you must install Jnet/JGnatt then ensure you do not have JAVA release 8 (1.8) installed.  JAVA 6 or JAVA 7 is good.  You can install JAVA 8 after the SAP GUI or just don't select to install Jnet/JGnatt.  See SAP Note 2102687 for details.

I would really recommend going to SAP GUI 7.40 patch 3.  It is fully downward compatible to older backend systems.

Cheers,

Dan Mead

pawadee_k
Participant
0 Kudos

SAP GUI 7.40 patch 6 seems to be good to go 

0 Kudos

hi Pawadee,

Most of the GUI bugs/errors are solved by patch, so we'd like to suggest you to keep using the latest version.

Best regards,

Xuejiao