cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sysnchronus HTTP adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a third party systems which is sending xml files and i want to use HTTP on the sender side and RFC on the receiver side to connect to SAP.

I want to know how can i send xml files from the third party system to HTTP adapter on the integration engine. I want to use HTTP post.

help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance

srini

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can send the XML using the URL:

http://server:port/sap/xi/adapter_plain?namespace=your_namespace&interface=your_interface&service=yo...

Replacing the namespace, interface and service values. QOS can be BE (sync) or EO (async).

The port is the HTTP port number, which you can obtain using the ABAP transaction SMICM. Also, make the HTTP plain is enabled in ABAP transaction SICF.

Regards,

Bill

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

If you dont mind, i would like your thoughts on this thread here,

Does Sender HTTP adapter support ASMA? The oss note says no and then online help says yes .

Regards

Bhavesh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. If you are planning to use a HTTP sender then in real time your sending application that triggers the call would need to read the file from the source and send it to XI as the payload.

2. As the source is a file, the best way to implement this would be to use the FIle Adapter.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

there is no need for HTTP post in this,post is used when HTTP is sending some data.

jst create the required data type for the sender HTTP,u dont have to do any sender agreement or sender communication channel for HTTP

thanx

ahmad