cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

disabling buttons on Order status screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone, we have a requirement to disable 2 buttons, or links on the order status screen. The buttons are called "Create Confirmation" and "Create Invoice". I know I can modify the HTML service template SAPLBBP_PDH_SEARCH_4001 for BBPSEARCH to get rid of them, but I would like to find a cleaner way without performing a MOD. I've tried making them invisible using SHD0 and copying the screen variant BBP_SEARCH_SC to ZBBP_SEARCH_SC and (making the pushbuttons Wareneingang and Rechnung invisible), then activating the new screen variant in BBP_SCREENVARIANT method GET_SCREENVARIANT_SEARCH. This doesn't appear to have any effect on the screen icons/buttons at all, but in debug mode I can see it's utilizing the new screen variant.

Does anyone have any other suggestions/examples of how this could be done, or should I go back to the reliable core MOD..?

Thanks,

Marty

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes this is quite possible.. It must work with the BADI - BBP_SCREENVARIANT. We have done several times..

<u>Refer to these links.</u>

<b>

Incase you need any help, do let me know.

Regards

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've read all the posts, multiple times and I've followed the rules for BBP_SCREENVARIANT, still no luck. I've copied screenvariant BBP_SEARCH_SC to ZBBP_SEARCH_SC, within it I can see the 2 pushbuttons I want to make invisible they are in german and they are called (Wareneingang and Rechnung) or Create Invoice, Create confirmation. I check the box to make them invisible, test it and it works. Then I created an implementation with BBP_SCREENVARIANT, and in the method get_screenvariant_search, I added the code:

IF iv_progname EQ 'SAPLBBP_PDH_SEARCH'

AND iv_dynnr EQ '4100'

AND flt_val EQ 'BUS2121'.

IF iv_scvariant EQ 'BBP_SEARCH_SC'.

ev_scvariant = 'ZBBP_SEARCH_SC'.

ENDIF.

ENDIF.

I activated the badi, and I can see it performing my code in debug, but when I try it out, the order status screen still shows the 2 icons/pushbuttons for Create Invoice and Create confirmation...

Any ideas?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have figured it out. In my screen variant I not only had to make the pushbuttons invisible, I also had to make the text for the 2 pushbuttons invisible. This is what triggers the HTML template to show the icons...

This is not very obvious in my opinion. Thanks for all your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Marty,

Can you recap all the things you did to disable these two buttons. I am facing the same issue and help from you on this is appreciated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try using the BADI "BBP_UI_CONTROL_BADI".

BR,

Disha.

Pls reward points for useful answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have read the documentation on this badi and I don't see where it can be used for the shopping cart object, BUS2121? Have you used it for this before? If so, which method?

Thanks for your help.

Marty