cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel Proforma invoice should be possbile

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

our sales department wants to cancel Proforma invoices. I know, that this is not necessary because no accounting document is generated.

But sometimes a customer changes something after the proforma was issued (no delivery yet). It would be kind, that it would be possible to cancel the proforma so that the order can be changed.

In transaction vf11 I get the error "proforma invoices can not be canceled"?

What I have to do in customizing? Create a invoice type "Cancellation Proforma"?

Many thanks for your help and kind regards

Jana

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here is the answer...

You cannot cancel an proforma Invoice.

Go to VF02>give the billing doc number> select the 1st option on top Billing doc>Complete

This is equivalent to cancelling an proforma invoice.

<b>Reward!!!</b>

Chandru

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Chandru,

many thanks for your answer. I tried your proposal. But I do not understand what you mean with "1st option on top". Could you be so kind and tell me, what is written there?

Many thanks and kind regards,

Jana

Answers (10)

Answers (10)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Proforma invoice --- go to vf02 , enter billing document , go to billing doc. in the menu bar, click on complete, so that in doc. flow u can see the status of proforma is cancelled.

Rds

VM

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

To make changes in thequotation, if u want to delete proforma and sales order,

proforma invoice --- go to vf02 , enter billing document , go to billing doc. in the menu bar, click on complete, so that in doc. flow u can see the status of proforma is cancelled.

sales order -- go to va02, click on each line item and give reason for rejection.

so that u can make the changes in the quotation.

regards,

ram.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear RAM PRASAD and experts,

I have done such as you show "go to vf02 , enter billing document , go to billing doc. in the menu bar, click on complete, so that in doc. flow u can see the status  of proforma is cancelled".

But Status of proforma invoice don't change into cancelled.

Please let me know how to config to cancel proforma invoice successfully!

Thanks,

BinhTC

lizel_devilliers
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Good Day, I now have a situation where the user have created a quotation, sales order and proforma. She now needs to delete the proforma and order in order to make changes to the quotation. If this is not possible, do you know of a way to change the quotation from incomplete to complete? All the fields mentioned on the incompletion log is now greyed-out because of the subsequent documents which I can't delete.

Thanks

Lizé

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

we cannot do cancelation of proforma invoice.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jana,

have you found a solution for your problem?

We have same problem here in our company.

Customer order for example resists 3 position in SD. (VA01 / VA02 / VA03)

Because of some circumstances we have to create a

proforma invoice (for prepayment).

Now the customer preference changes or

the responsible person made something wrong.

So the mean problem is not to cancel proforma invoice

but to delete the wrong position in SD!!!!

But in SAP Standard you can't delete a SD position with

a corresponding proforma invoice position.

Are there any suggestions to solve the problem?

Thanks a lot.

Kind regards

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

As others have stated, you do not need to cancel a pro forma invoice. If you have one created and need to make changes to the sales document, just go back and make the necessary changes and create another pro forma invoice.

Hope this helps.

Brian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Using Standard SAP it is not possible to cancel the proforma invoice. You can only complete the proforma invoice. Use the menu path Billing Document --> Complete or Shift+F5 in VF02 transaction.

For you understanding, system calls a perform in the program SAPMV60A which checks for SD document category. If it finds 'U' i.e. proforma invoice then system will throw an error message saying the proforma invoices cannot be cancelled.

Regards,

GSL.

Former Member
0 Kudos

proforma inoice is dummy invoice there is no need to cancel, it not post to accounting , if uwant u go vofa and put s1 in document cancel

Former Member
0 Kudos

u cannot canfigure cancellation type for proforma invoice.If any changes made after proforma invoice, again u have to create proforma invoice but u cannot cancel.Since u know the purpose of proforma invoice i need not to tell any thing to u.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Cancelling Proforma invoice is practically not essential, as Proforma Invoice is a dummy Invoice & not actual Invoice. It will also not create accounting Document. Hence, Even if it is there in the system, it will not have any Financial Impact.

Therefore, it is not recommended to cancel Proforma Invoice. Also I can have any number of Proforma Invoice for the same document (which can be controlled through Configuration / development).

regards,

Rajesh Banka

Reward points if helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Jana

Try this

T Code:VOFA

Go to proforma invoice type and assign S1 (Cancel invoice) type to cancel billing type field.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Assign the cancellation type S1 in the proforma invoice type at cancellation type field. and assign the copy control type from F5 or F8 to S1.

Reward if this helps

Regards

Simu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I tried your propsal. I added in vofa for invoice type F5 as "cancel billing type" S1.

But If I try to cancel an invoice I get the same error message "Proforma invoice can not be cancelled".

Is there another field where I have to change something?

Kind regards, Jana