cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC 10.1 - Transporting BRF+ Issue

0 Kudos

Hi experts!

I have created BRF+ rule and now that i want to transport it to PROD i realize it is assigned into $TMP package and i can not transport it.

¿How can i do to modify package which BRF+ rule is assigned? ¿is posibble to "reassigned" the package once BRF+ is created?

Im working in GRC AC10.1 SP07.

Thanks a lot!

Emiliano

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi!

Ken: i have followed those steps but i got message "Please enter a valid Rule-ID" when i add rule id in msmp configuration.

Kevin: Yes, i have created BRF+ rule again following that note.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Emiliano,

Sounds like you are attempting to map the incorrect rule ID in MSMP.  The correct ID belongs to the "Function" (blue triangle in BRF+), not the decision table.  See my last screenshot above.

If you are still getting the error, then you might need to check which rule type you are selecting in MSMP.

-Ken

0 Kudos

Ken,

I have tried this option and now it worked, may be before i tried with a wrong id.

I will consider this at the future.

Thanks a lot!

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

kevin_tucholke1
Contributor
0 Kudos

Please review SAP Note 1624157 - GRC 10.0 How to transport MSMP BRF+ rules.  This will give you the instructions as to how to allow transport without having to copy.

Thanks

Kevin Tucholke

madhusap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Emiliano,

You need to copy the already created BRF+ application to transportable package. Please follow below link

Regards,

Madhu.

0 Kudos

Thanks Madhu!

I had tried that, but when i copy BRF+ application then i´m not able to add this rule in MSMP scenario, i get message "Please enter a valid Rule-ID".

I couldn´t think other options so i created BRF+ again following SAP note 1624157.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Emiliano,

When you create a new BRF+ rule from SPRO, the rule is created as a local application, which is not transportable.  You need to copy the entire application to a new application and select these settings from the copy screen:

Un-check "Create Local Application", and then search and choose Development Package "GRAC_ACCESS_REQUEST".  Then, hit enter and the Software Component will automatically be selected.

Make sure you are trying to map the "Function" ID number of the rule.  There are different components of the BRF+ application, but the one you need to map in MSMP is the "Function".

Hope this helps!

-Ken