Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Testing of Plain HTTP scenarios

geetanshi_kakkar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am facing one issue regarding testing of HTTP scenarios. we have migrated from XI 3.0 to PI 7.31 Dual stack.

I am not able to test the HTTP Scenario ( sender) from HTTP client. I have downloaded the HTTP client code from SDN

sap-process-integration - Usefull Tools for SAP Process Integration, SAP NetWeaver - Google Project...

Trying  to send the message from it. However not able to send.All scenario are using HTTP standard plain adapter for communication.

Checked SICF and SMICM for services and port details respectively. Am i missing something ?

Also i can send the message from RWB test tab successfully.

I would also like to know do i need to share any details with source external system ( 3rd party ) so that they can communicate with new PI upgraded system??

Please suggest.

Thanks

Geetanshi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ManishaRD25
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello,

Try this URL:

http://www.requestmaker.com/

Regards,

Manisha

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Geeranshi,

Please refer the below blog for sender HTTP test

regards,

Harish

geetanshi_kakkar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

Thanks for sharing the blogs however this talks about Java HTTP adapter test.

I am looking to test my scenario for plain HTTP adapter ( resides in ABAP stack ).

Scenario is synchronous and its HTTP to RFC.

I have tested from RWB and working fine. However i am not sure about testing from HTTP client tool will be best suited for SAP PI 7.31 ( palin HTTP adapter for ABAP )

Also i am testing the scenarios post migration of interfaces from XI 3.0 to 7.31 ( dual stack).

I need to provide the URL to sender web application for my new PI server?Please let me know how can i achieve both things.

1) Testing HTTP scenarios from HTTP client tool  for ABAP HTTP adapter.

2) URL to be provided to sender web application.

It would be great if you can help me here.

Thanks

Geetanshi

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Geetanshi,

1) Testing HTTP scenarios from HTTP client tool  for ABAP HTTP adapter.

IMO the best way is to test first with the RWB, like you have done yet, and in the second time with the external tools provided by Harish. Why?, because you test your scenario inside PI and later outside PI, you have all the cases taken.

2) URL to be provided to sender web application.

To avoid this problem is better to a have a SAP web  dispatcher, apache proxy or similar, then when you change SAP PI IPs your client won't be affected. Right now, you need to pass your PI production IP, you can take it form SICF doing the test in the http service used.

Regards.