cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can LICC and LX26 be both used next count date?

former_member214692
Participant
0 Kudos

I have a material that was cycle counted yesterday using LICC. There is only a single quant in a single bin for this material.

When I look at LQUA-IDATU, the last count date correctly shows 5/14/15 with inventory record 1097.

Now when I attempt to count material using LX26, the count is recognized as overdue because LAGP-IDATU shows 2/2/15 with inventory record 922.

Am I to conclude that when it comes to the calculation of next count date, I can only use LICC or LX26 method but never mix the two?

Vlad

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor

exact. LICC is quant inventory only, it does not set the indicator to the bin even it is the only material in that bin, hence the bin is not considered as counted.

former_member214692
Participant
0 Kudos

I'm a little confused about the usage and benefits of LX26. Say we have a material in a few bins and the material gets cycle counted through LX26. Now via standard replenishment some stock is moved into another bin (not part of initial LX26 count). System will be looking at last count date for that bin.

Cycle counting, limited by the bin, is strange to me. If I count a material (every bin location), I don't want to count it again until it is due. Is LICC the recommended approach for this?

Vlad

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have to get used to the different approach from inventory management and warehouse management point of view.

In IM your focus is the material (you want that your material has the correct quantity), in WM it is the bin (You want that you find the right quantity in the right bin)

It becomes a bit complicated if you use mixed storage. Then the bin is due to be counted with all materials if just one material is due for cycle counting. in worst case scenario you have to count the same bin 12 times while all your materials in there are just D items which have to be counted once per year.

LICC was invented late, probably based on the fact that many companies did not get used to the different approach between IM and WM. I understood LICC always as an exceptional option to count a single material out of several in a bin outside of the standard CC intervals of the bins, but not as a general replacement for LX26.

former_member214692
Participant
0 Kudos

This context is helpful. So what happens if a bin, say it is in a supermarket or flow through rack, can accept any material A, B, or C? Even if it is only one material per bin at one time. Say bin got counted for A material, next count in a week. Then C material hits that bin, next count in 6 months. You are suggesting that if now an A material is putaway into that bin, that bin will still only be counted in 6 months? These feels like a flaw when it comes to counting a bin that can accept a mix of ABC materials.

And what happens if a bin has both an A and C material? Is the next count date set for the lesser (1 week) or greater (6 months)?

Vlad

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if you have a A material in the same bin like the C material, then the C material has to be counted every time when the A material is due, and A has to be counted any time when the C material is due.

If you counted an A item in bin 0001 and then the A item was issued and you add a C item to 0001 then the next count is according to the C item.

former_member214692
Participant
0 Kudos

Continuing with your example, the next count according to C item is 6 months out. So it doesn't matter what materials (A, B, or C) enter that bin between now and 6 months out -- the planned count remains unchanged?

If this is the case, then would you recommend that Logistics better segregate their storage according to ABC materials? (They should do this anyway....e.g., keep their high runners more accessible)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No, the CC indicator is in the material master, no matter if you count the entire bin or just a single material. Hence the material in that bin determines when the bin has to be counted.

if you put a B material into that bin, then it is earlier due than in case of a C material

former_member214692
Participant
0 Kudos

I think I've misunderstood how SAP determines the next planned count date. Tell me if I have this right.

Count took place a week ago with A material and a week later (today) bin is scheduled to be counted again. In terms of the count due today, it doesn't matter what material the bin contains, that's not going to alter the planned count. But in terms of scheduling the next planned count date, system looks at the material's indicator. So if bin happens to contain a C material at the moment, planned count date is set for 6 months out.

Tomorrow, if I do putaway into that bin for an A material, are you suggesting that system will dynamically reset the planned count date for 1 week out or keep it at 6 months?

If 6 months, then that would imply the date gets set upon LI21 completion of PI count?

If 1 week, then I assume sets the date upon the final goods issue of the material (and not putaway)?

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you do a count then SAP enters this count date into the field last count date of the bin.

If you issue all quant of the material and put new material into that bin then SAP is looking for the last count date and the last movement date for that bin. To the latest one of both dates the interval days from your CC indicator customizing are added to calculate the next count date.

Answers (0)