cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Idoc ALE settings->TCP/IP connection in ECC giving ERROR: SAP gateway communication error (Is SAP gateway closed?)

former_member184948
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am trying to establish ALE connection(for IDOC_AAE) between PI(dual stack) and ECC here.

I am following this doc http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/5050119d-9c47-3110-eab0-d90ebd211...

I am going for "Default recommendation " and have created destination XI_IDOC_DEFAULT_DESTINATION and XI_IDOC_DEFAULT_DESTINATION_ED9 in PI.

Next, I created TCP IP connection in ECC , but its giving error "ERROR: SAP gateway communication error (Is SAP gateway closed?)"

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you configure the inbound RA? Page no 7 in the document.

former_member184948
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Hareesh,

This got fixed. But now I have one doubt,since my concepts with gateway is not clear

In TCP/IP connection in ECC , earlier I had written,gatewayhost ip of PI and service as sapgw02.

Later basis person told to change it to sapgw00 and in Jco destination in PI too I changed the value to sapgw00 from sapgw02 and then it worked!

Now I understand that sapgw00 is for abap and sapgw02 is for java, but since  we are trying to connect to idoc_AAE which ignores abap stack , when why cant we have sapgw02 and make it work?

will having abap gateway wont involve abap stack too?

Pls note : I received gateway server and service from inboundRA properties