cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no active task list exists in sap change manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all:

I am trying to set an urgent correction to "In Development" but only get the warning "no active task list exists in sap change manager".

I am working with SolMan 4.0 and my DEVELOPER user has the ZSAP_CM_DEVELOPER_COMP, ZSAP_SOL_PM_COMP, and ZSAP_SOCM_REQUESTER roles.

Using another user (MANAGER) I was able to set the urgent correction to "In Development", so I started checking the differences between both users to see what I was missing in my DEVELOPER user.

Good news: I have narrowed the differences down to one variable, a SAP_ALL entry in the DEVELOPER's user profiles tab (SU01).

Bad news: SAP_ALL is anything but narrow

I'd really appreciate any help anyone can give me on as to which roles and/or profiles I am missing. Meanwhile I'll try to find it through trial and error

thanks all and best regards,

Henry

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have used the transaction /nsu53 to check authorization data for my DEVELOPER user and it shows:

Description__________________________________________________________Auth Vals

- Authorization check failed

- - Authorization Obj. CPE_SETTIN Commodity Pricing Engine:General Settings

- - - Activity_____________________________________________________________03

regards,

Henry

robert_liu
Explorer
0 Kudos

In a strictly authorizations point of view, you have found the cause of your problem. I would suggest you to try the following if you are comfortable with SAP Authorizations - add this missing object/value (CPE_SETTIN/03) to one of the roles you have assigned the user in PFCG.

Please advise if this change helps, if it does then we have narrowed it down to an authorizations problem.

Regards,

Robert

Former Member
0 Kudos

The truth is, I am not very confortable with SAP Authorizations and would like to try less invasive actions to try and solve this before I start modifying roles.

Message was edited by:

Henry Strange

Former Member
0 Kudos

Additional Information:

The warning has an action asociated with it which solves the problem, it pops up the window where I should choose one of the maintenance projects, as when I set the status to "In Development". But when I double click the action with the DEVELOPMENT user, the usual sandclock appears next to the mouse pointer but nothing happens nor do I get any errors or warnings on the status bar.

Message was edited by:

Henry Strange

robert_liu
Explorer
0 Kudos

I will investigate into it as much as I can. It might not be an authorization issue then.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry Robert,

I have edited my previous posts. Today I confirmed that it IS an authorization issue. The problem I had yesterday did not persist today. I guess SolMan had its day of fury yesterday and didn't feel like working....oh well.

So my current status is that I've assigned SAP_ALL to the user that was not working (DEVELOPER) and now it works. So I am trying figure out wich specific authorization I am missing.

robert_liu
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Henry,

I have been doing some investigations as I am currently investigating how authorization works with Change Management. Anyhow, here is what I have found out from my investigations.

According to SAP documentation, "If you want to create urgent corrections for maintenance cycles for which a service transaction in the Service Desk has been generated, you can only do so by using a service transaction, unless your user contains the role SAP_CM_SMAN_ADMINISTRATOR or SAP_CM_SMAN_OPERATOR (but create an urgent correction outside the Service Desk only if absolutely necessary). The standard service transaction provided by SAP for urgent corrections is called SDHF."

So when I tested, I have problems when using Developer w/o going through service desk system. But when I created the Change Request (w/ urgent correction) by going through the service desk, everything worked correctly.

The question would be: do you have Service Desk features set up and integrated?

I would recommend to try to add the Administrator Role.

Regards,

Robert

Message was edited by:

Robert Liu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

First of all, thank you for taking the time to answer.

I have created a test role and added the CPE_SETTIN authorization obj. and set the activity value to 03. Then I assigned this role to the DEVELOPER user but still cannot modify the status.

I also tried the SAP_CM_SMAN_ADMINISTRATOR role but no luck either.

The service desk is not currently operational.

regards,

Henry

Message was edited by:

Henry Strange

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henry,

1.If you get the error "no active task list exists in sap change manager",check wether the Ibase component you have specified is of a production system and a maintenace cycle is active for the landscape.

2.We are using Z:SAP_CM_DEVELOPER_COMP role for develper and it is working fine.

3.Do you encounter same error with Normal correction also?

Revert back for any clarification,

Thanks and regards,

Avinash.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply Avinash,

1. IBase is correct and maintenance cycle is active. I have already checked this.

2. I am using SAP_CM_DEVELOPER_COMP, not sure if working fine.

3. This is what helped me!!

Thanks Avinash

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the end my problem was an authorization problem as I confirmed earlier. But it was a lot simpler to solve than I originally thought (I'm sure I'm not the first to say that :).

The thing is that Urgent Corrections was my priority and I had not ventured with normal corrections. But Avinash's question triggered me to venture with normal corrections. Here, I discovered a slight difference between both (besides the obvious differences).

Normal Correction: Maintenance cycle is selected while authorizing the change request (Change Manager).

Urgent Correction: Maintenance cycle is selected while setting change request to "In Development" (Developer).

Seeing that Normal Correction worked. I discovered it is the Change manager that must set the change request to "In Development", NOT the Developer as stated in SAP Library (SAP Solution Manager (4.0) -> Change Management -> Change Request Management -> Change Transactions in Change Request Management -> Making an Urgent Correction in a Development System.

In other words, to be able to set an urgent correction to "In Development", you must have a change manager role.

Thanks everyone.

Message was edited by:

Henry Strange

Answers (0)